• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Indie/Minor Speargun Companies

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Yeah, those "wings" look likely to cover the sight of the shaft. Guess what they're for...
Watch it in detail anyway:

I meant aesthetically... It looks like a piece of art with a bulk piece of plastic slapped there...
It's just my opinion tough

Reactions: spaghetti
:blackeye And so to restore the pride of Spain, here's another very interesting spanish brand: it's named Soriasub.

They make rollerguns either in carbon fiber (model "Arrow") and glass fiber (model "Arrow FV", for fibra de vidro). The Aesthetics is very nice, refined and catchy.

Here's the Arrow in carbon:

Attachments

• soria.jpg
    soria.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 267
  • soria1.jpg
    soria1.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 255
  • soria2.jpg
    soria2.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 242
  • soria3.jpg
    soria3.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 244
...And here's the glass fiber Soriasub rollerguns:

Attachments

• soria4.jpg
    soria4.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 242
  • soria5.jpg
    soria5.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 235
  • soria6.jpg
    soria6.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 238
Looks cool. Is there a revival in roller-guns going on, or did they never go away?
Anybody use a roller-gun? What did you think? (I recall that Foxfish made at least one.)

Reactions: spaghetti
Looks cool. Is there a revival in roller-guns going on, or did they never go away?
Anybody use a roller-gun? What did you think? (I recall that Foxfish made at least one.)

There is a "roller-frenzy" going on. Seems like it is the way-to-go gun for every DYI, artisan or major industrial gun builder. Omer too is launchin it's own Cayman roller: Omersub CAYMAN E.T. Speargun

Time will tell if it's a temporary fashion.

As for me, altough I appreciate good craftmanship and am always curious about new toys on the shelf, the more I grow old, the more I prefer the simple, old school, no-nonsense type of weapon. But it's just me.

That is a nice looking roller gun, I like fiberglass too, much easier & cheaper to work with & very durable.
I think rollers are just a fad too but I do like the idea.

:hmm More rollerguns from one more Spanish manufacturer. Company goes under the fancy name Fiber Bambu: guns are indeed made of bamboo covered with carbon fiber (eventually).
They're kitted with italian Ermes Sub mechanism and reel.

Like them or not, here they are:

Attachments

• bambu.jpg
    bambu.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 270
  • bambu1.jpg
    bambu1.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 262
  • bambu2.jpg
    bambu2.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 260
  • bambu3.jpg
    bambu3.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 246
  • bambu4.jpg
    bambu4.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 250
Last edited:
Reactions: artiz
Back to the old homeland Italy. Emme Wood is the brand under these fine creations from wood artist Enzo Montaruli in Apulia.
I may say I like them a lot, and the author of these beauty is an inspirational character. Ermes mech. :king

Attachments

• emme.jpg
    emme.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 252
  • emme3.jpg
    emme3.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 260
  • emme1.jpg
    emme1.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 252
  • emme4.jpg
    emme4.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 247
  • emme2.jpg
    emme2.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 261
Last edited:
1975 "Scope-Arrow" speargun from Suwa Tekko Sho Company Limited of Osaka, Japan. A surface interface shooter you watch fish below through the barrel telescope with the muzzle end dipped in the water and pull the trigger on whatever you have in the scope “crosshairs”. Twin band propulsion sends the metal tipped fiberglass harpoon into the depths and if you score a hit then you wind the reel to pull the victim up to the surface.
Scope-Arrow-Gun.jpg

Note: an incorrect reel is fitted here as this gun was originally supplied with a "threadline" or "egg-beater" reel.
Scope-Arrow gun patent.jpg

Scope-Arrow patent detail R.jpg

Scope Arrow gun from boat.jpg

Last edited:
Well there is absolutely no doubt what the gun is for now with all the patent info available. I see that the gun you purchased ended up in a tackle shop display. I saw one hanging just out of reach in a tackle and sports store and was intrigued by it, but the store owner was not very interested in talking about it and had no intention of selling it. The gun was brand new and completely unused, probably being only recently unpacked that Christmas as that is when I saw it in 1976/77.

Last edited:
Yes my gun was on display for a few years but the shop has since closed, I have no idea where it is now.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT