Thursday, November 14, 2019
  • Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 40,000+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 496,000+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,300+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Indie/Minor Speargun Companies

Mufazalov

Dec 25, 2010
Cyprus
They do look pretty good. I tried to get any reviews on their guns, but with my scarce Turkish (and poor Google Translate) I was able to find very little info. Apparently, it is a new company and there are no real-life pictures of their products. I would rather base my opinion on their guns looking at photos @ images.google, but there are none. I m sure that pictures we see are after a "slight touch" of photoshop. =]

OP
OP
spaghetti

spaghetti

Campari Survivor
May 31, 2005
Italy
From Italy: ConteSub :king

It started just for passion, with a limited production for friends, then became a company. Their guns (well known as Arbaconte=Arbalete+Conte) are renowned for the clean lines and the solid build.
They also make their own trigger units.

Attachments

blaiz

Apr 8, 2008
Hawaii
That is an interesting trigger mech, I think maybe the first that I have seen mounted from above? Are those ballast plates beneath the reel?

Mr. X

Forum Mentor
Staff member
Forum Mentor
Jul 14, 2005
Sunny Britain
I like the 3-point star shaped line-release - elegantly simple. It look me a while to figure out what I was looking at.

OP
OP
spaghetti

spaghetti

Campari Survivor
May 31, 2005
Italy
Now, this: from Darwin Australia these impressive creations from Ace Spearguns: very good looking carbon and wood work. Comments? "I want one!". :wave

Attachments

popgun pete

Jul 30, 2008
Australia
Arriba El Magnarpon!
This creation by Pablo Magnano is one of the strangest bandguns ever seen. A little foldable speargun supposed to be easy loading. And...unbelievably weird.

Revolutionary underwater spear gun - MAGNARPON.mpg - YouTube
The mechanical advantage of this design is questionable, plus the hinge in the stock will experience twisting stresses as the operator straightens the gun up to cock it. Then there is the drag inducing bulk of the muzzle "handle" at the front end of the gun. Pulling a band load directly back with the rear of the gun braced against the body is much more efficient than this arrangement. That is why you have not seen it before. Lever systems work for you if the point of application of the force exerted by you is much further away from the pivot position than the anchor point from where the band is pulling. Lever cocked rollerguns have a mechanical advantage due to the greater distance between the band pull anchor on the lever and the end of the cocking lever. The lever cocked band guns tend to be novelty items as even lever operated, multi-swing ratchet loading types have failed to make it in the marketplace.

OP
OP
spaghetti

spaghetti

Campari Survivor
May 31, 2005
Italy
Reactions: DivingDane
OP
OP
spaghetti

spaghetti

Campari Survivor
May 31, 2005
Italy
A new brand from Florida, USA: its' called SubSea Spearguns.

Their ET woodies look very well carved, and the design has some pretty original features. A female-friendly company, SubSea Spearguns also offers an option for pink handle and pink enclosed track. :girlie

Here they are:

Attachments

Last edited:
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2019 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Spearfishing and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT