• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Indie/Minor Speargun Companies

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
What about those blue something guns - Bluetech Blur... ?

Bleutech? I don't know. Trygons has what they call "close track", but I dont know if it's the same thing as an "enclosed track": it looks to me more of a track with walls higher than the average.
I also don't know if they fall in the category of minor companies (minor in the meaning of being less famous worldwide). They are discussed a lot in places like Medfish and very popular in Greece and thereabouts, not to mention they sponsor guys like Herbert Nitsch...
And anyway: Trygons "close track". Notice the built in reel too!

Attachments

• trygons.jpg
    trygons.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 383
Have you come across any enclosed track euro style guns?

I always wondered that too, as it's not that hard. This is not a production gun, so it might not belong in this thread, but here's one I made for a friend. It's a Rob Allen vecta handle, with a new carbon fiber tube, and a black G10 composite enclosed track cut for 9/32" shafts.

Hau2.jpg

Hau1.jpg

DSCN1565.jpg

Last edited:
Tin Man, your skills with carbon fiber doesn't cease to amaze me. That's a wonderfully clean piece of work: bravo!

Beautifully made gun Mr Tin Man.

Some Bleutech guns....

Attachments

• 4-bleua.jpg
    4-bleua.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 357
Last edited by a moderator:
Tin Man, your skills with carbon fiber doesn't cease to amaze me. That's a wonderfully clean piece of work: bravo! __________________Quote:
spaghetti.

Talk him into posting some more of the guns he and his dad built,
not to mention his friend with ''3 kids and a mortgage''.
Cheers, Don

That was exactly my impression too... Some of their other guns are a different story though. They may not have the grace of Italian wooden guns, but are definitely eye-catchers:
Sea Sniper Gun of the Month

Now we're talking: Sea Sniper!!! (or Seasniper?).
This American producer has obviously caught my eye with amazement and admiration. I see they make many types of guns, well beyond the enclosed track rear handle teak/steel multilaminated.
The very dinstinct character of this producer, for me, is in their Pro Series and Custom Pro, with some unbelievably brilliant custom paint jobs.
Here's a few shots: the enclosed track "euro" and handle, a couple fo Custom Pro and a detail of the custom paint they can make for your gun. Seasniper is really amazing!

Attachments

• sniper.jpg
    sniper.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 241
  • sniper2.jpg
    sniper2.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 245
  • sniper3.jpg
    sniper3.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 250
  • sniper4.jpg
    sniper4.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 243
  • sniper5.jpg
    sniper5.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 226
Last edited:
But now that I hear about functionality vs. grace, sturdiness vs. beauty, I can't stop thinking about Abellansub. Designed by spanish Victor Abellan, and very skillfully manufactured by expert italian weapon craftsman Gabriele Cristofolini, these guns are the meeting point of a solid, sturdy, aggressive appearance with the undefinable essence of beauty and grace.
They're made in Brescia, north of Italy, in the world's most ancient weaponry district (Beretta, Franchi, Perazzi, Uberti, Bernardelli and countless other firearms companies are located in the same few square kilometers where Abellansub spearguns lab is located too).

Attachments

• abel1.jpg
    abel1.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 281
  • abel2.jpg
    abel2.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 308
  • abel3.jpg
    abel3.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 263
  • abel4.jpg
    abel4.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 260
Last edited:
Ooo I like that one..
Here is another Bleutech pic the Raptor

Attachments

• RAPTOR%205.jpg
    RAPTOR%205.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 262
That sea sniper looks very functional but doesn't exactly overflow with Italian flair! Quote : Foxfish

That's not fair..... nothing beats Italian flair.:friday

Cheers, Don

My old friend Larry Heinrich built a handful of masterpieces that really did the job. He is a master woodworker and has worked extensively in Japan. The guns he sold to clients are true collector pieces.
Here he is with a fine Yellowfin Tuna.
Cheers, Don

Attachments

• larry tuna.jpg
    larry tuna.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 284
We've had a bit of debate inside the Deeperblue forum staff on whether including or not Wong Spearguns in this gallery, aimed at giving more international visibility to small sized companies of boutique gun makers.
In facts Wong's creations are already world famous, well far off Hawaii, where they're made, and the USA where opinion is they are simply awesome. Our worldwide Deeperblue community counts proud Wong owners among its members in England, Wales, Egypt, everywhere.
But still, we're talking of a relatively small production of unique creations, whose manufacturing process is personally taken care by Dr. Wong himself.
I don't feel I'm entitled to describe these beauties in my own inadequate words. Just look and enjoy. :)

Attachments

• wong1.jpg
    wong1.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 265
  • wong2.jpg
    wong2.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 243
  • wong5.jpg
    wong5.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 248
  • wong6.jpg
    wong6.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 254
  • wong7.jpg
    wong7.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 234
Last edited:
I’ve been lucky enough to have a little play with a Wong that was made for Almostafish and although I’m by no means anywhere near as expert as some on here I’ve got to say that it was a real treat in the water, so well balanced for the size and although it seemed a bit heavy (compared to a standard euro gun) out of the water it moved through the water better that my desault 75.
A real TOP piece of kit!

Spearguns
Another small USA craftsmen with the very high attention to detail: Herranen Spearguns!

Attachments

• phil detail.jpg
    phil detail.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 220
  • phil Roller.JPG
    phil Roller.JPG
    4.1 KB · Views: 689
  • herr2.jpg
    herr2.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 228
  • herr1.jpg
    herr1.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 238
  • herr3.jpg
    herr3.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 229
Bravo Spago great thread.

Tin man, that is amazing work !

Let me post the teak-sea link, in my opnion the best wooden guns out there. There reels are piece of sh!

index_an

Last edited:
Reactions: spaghetti
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT