• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Infinitengines "Dreamair" pneumatic speargun

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Pete - Problem still remains to seal the cable traverse of the boundary wall of the pressure chamber

Проблема по-прежнему остается для герметизации кабеля траверс граничной стенки камеры высокого давления.

Смотри

Мы имеем новый тип ружья

Условно назовем его Cord gun (Cord Roller gun)

Cord gun может иметь привод (мотор) разного типа.

Это 1 пружина, 2 резина, 3 вакуум и 4 давление воздуха

Только № 4 требует герметизации.

Look

We have a new type of gun

Let's call him Cord gun (Cord Roller gun)

Cord gun may have a drive (motor) of different types.

1 spring.
2 rubber.
3 the vacuum
4. pressure of the air

Only № 4 requires sealing.

Here is the loading device for "arming" the cable wishbone drive. Another variation of the loading device has a pulley attachment (which will be shown next) in order to create a mechanical advantage as you summon your strength to haul the wishbone(s) back to engage the shaft.
loading device cable only version R.jpg

Reactions: SubSub
The connection of the barrel (actually the tank) sliding piston to the inner drive cable is shown here.
piston to cable connection R.jpg

When I first saw the above photo I never expected to see a "Pretensioner" in the inner cable system. A length of elastic cord, I guess it is there for a reason, but once the gun is pressurised the elastic cord will be pulled out straight. The only thing I can think of is the winding drums and axle (or "axles" in the twin axle version) at the end of the shot will have some rotational momentum (spinning) and that needs to be halted rather abruptly. That "braking" jerk by the inner cable might snap the connection at the piston and this elastic cord is there in order to dampen the effect.

Last edited:
I would say that the purpose of pretensioner is to prevent the cable to fall out from the inner spiral groove track during shock absorber action when a slight slack in a cable occurs before the piston stop moving after shoot. After piston stopped moving the cable is under tension itself without the pretensioner.

Hopefully we will find out soon, but the gun in action is really what everyone is waiting for and that is to see a shaft flying from it even it is only a free shot at no particular target. A video, which has been spoken of before, seems to be only a week away now and therefore patience should be rewarded. There are thousands looking at these articles and photos and collectively trigger fingers are getting itchy with anticipation.

Thinking about price issues will this be the typical "Dreamair" speargun user in terms of the affordability?
Cheetah LM002 & DreanmairR.jpg

(just a little joke while we wait on future developments!)

A special multi-purpose tool has been created for routinely servicing the "Dreamair" speargun and is shown here.
Dreamair servicing R.jpg

I have been fascinated by this tread and can't wait to see this spaceship in action. A tool for maintenance is obviously a necessity. I wonder whether this means that frequent maintenance is required? If you need to fiddle around with the mechanics or cables after every dive...
Having no experience with pneumatic guns I wonder how often you have to 'work' on them to keep it in good condition? A good band gun in general is low maintenance. How will the dream compare to that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been fascinated by this tread and can't wait to see this spaceship in action. A tool for maintenance is obviously a necessity. I wonder whether this means that frequent maintenance is required? If you need to fiddle around with the mechanics or cables after every dive...
Having no experience with pneumatic guns I wonder how often you have to 'work' on them to keep it in good condition? A good band gun in general is low maintenance. How will the dream compare to that?

The outer cables need changing after about 200 shots according to the inventor as they are pushed laterally by the winding drums during the shot as the cables track along the spiral paths dictated by the grooves. Preventative maintenance rather than repair as such.

Yup, I proudly spotted that early on, haha;). I think since I have been thinking about how to extend the piston stroke in traditional oleos for a while and moving the inlet valve is one way to do it.

That big tank will take some pumping, so just as well it is only up to 10 Bar! Or 11 Bar absolute pressure as the gun interior does not "see" ambient pressure when in use. I think an automobile portable compressor running on 12 Volt DC would be handy here as they should be good to 15o psi, especially the large volume shifting units for inflating rubber floats and other air suspension devices.

I would not pump it on more than 5 bar. That would be enough for mean loading force of 35.4 kgf. ( 41 kgf - 31 kgf)

A video will now be in time for Christmas, so maybe best to not spend all your money yet on other things, just in case you want to buy yourself a present!

Reactions: foxfish and Kodama
A video will now be in time for Christmas, so maybe best to not spend all your money yet on other things, just in case you want to buy yourself a present!

How do you get all this information?
Let's hope it will not be a 1 minute promotional clip but rather an in depth presentation.

How do you get all this information?
Let's hope it will not be a 1 minute promotional clip but rather an in depth presentation.

I asked the inventor after I posted my first analysis here and he has alerted me to any new developments ever since. A video was actually mentioned months ago, but all we could do was wait, as I guess it is no good launching a vessel down the slipway without it being ready to float, like with the drainage hole bungs being left out!

Well Christmas has come and gone, but no video unfortunately as only new photos on the site are ones we got to see earlier in a preview of the shock absorbing column at the rear end of the barrel.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT