• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Infinitengines "Dreamair" pneumatic speargun

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
We can suspect that they prioritized family time over anything else these days. We should have faith that a great intro is coming. Probably before the new year if they don't want to loose credibility.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A little disappointing as I ordered a silver Lambo LMoo2 for Christmas to go with the gun, it arrived, but no sign of the "Dreamair". Unfortunately the Lambo had to be 1/43rd scale as I completely overspent on gifts this Christmas!

A New Year and hopefully there will soon be a new addition to the arsenal of underwater weapons, the "Dreamair".

Reactions: Kodama
If there is to be an official product launch for the "Dreamair" then the depths of Winter may not be the best time to do it. I just checked the weather in that part of the World http://www.viamoro.com/Europe/Greece/weather/Current/ and it does not look much like diving weather there right now! Nor here as Summer has been erratic to say the least, a few hot days and then a torrential downpour followed by cloudy overcast days where you retrieve your winter jacket to keep out a chilly wind from the South-West.

Last edited:
Well it looks like the oval tank has crescent shaped side tanks after all as here you can see the mounting studs for the muzzle nose piece sticking out on either side from some grey stuff that is filling the side tanks.
15844542_1860850487494541_1002677047545249573_o.jpg
15895528_1860850404161216_4664195427752651351_o.jpg

It seems like their website is offline. I hope this is a sign that something big is coming up. Maybe we can expect a major update or finally the official release who knows...

So who would like to take a guess at the price once it is released?

Around 500€ so we can all afford one if we really wanted to.

I think it will be close to 600-700E, but we will see - I'd love to be proven wrong. If he price it low enough, he could sell more and get them out there to be seen. Pricing is often more of a strategic choice than anything else. Especially on products which don't really have any close competitors.

I think it will be close to 600-700E, but we will see - I'd love to be proven wrong. If he price it low enough, he could sell more and get them out there to be seen. Pricing is often more of a strategic choice than anything else. Especially on products which don't really have any close competitors.

If it will be that expensive I certainly hope that the performance is going to be a game changer. And if that is the case I might even consider getting one after some initial user reviews and saving up for a while. Maybe I am just dreaming ...
Nonetheless I am looking forward to seeing it in action even if I can't afford it.

The built quality is certainly there and will likely come at a price.

The cold and snowy weather in Greece is slowing things down as I asked why there was a delay. Their original schedule was put out with the changes made to the gun and then once they got into November-December many things had to be delayed, like shooting videos. We will hear more soon as most aspects of the "Dreamair" gun project are now completed with just a few items causing delays. Production has been allocated to a number of contractors who specialize in different skill areas. As to price, well we will just have to wait and see.

You can see how much the "Dreamair" speargun detail has changed by referring back to this concept drawing in a 3D solid modelling format (or it may be a prototype evaluation model for stylistic purposes).
Dreamair concept R.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, a lot of work in that patent application and covering a lot of bases with the different versions.
Seems like there is even a spring gun in there and rubber version(?), too;-)
Also, three and four roller versions and different constellations of conical, convex and straight cylindrical drums, too.

I noticed the patent drawings seem to show an opening between the main air chamber and the smaller ones on the side?

This is all discussed earlier in the thread, you just have to read it. The diagrams have been added to in the document that Tomislav just posted a reference to which show more detail about how the gun components go together.

Oh, let me crawl back into my hole again then. Though I did read the whole thread (on all three(?) forums) I must have forgotten some of it in between my online spearo life and my real life projects. Apologies.

The patent diagrams show the piston as having a circular cross-section, whereas it now has an oval shape, however the patent is not contingent on the shape of the piston as the scope of the invention set out in the claims is always broad enough to cover a range of possibilities. As much of the patent is about the axle mounted winding drums determining the inner and outer cable travel distances and their relative rates of winding in or letting out, the means of powering them is also set out as broadly as possible in order to "close the door" on any copyists applying them to other means of propulsion. That is why other propulsion possibilities are depicted which are not intended to be used in the last group of diagrams, such as springs and rubber bands (figs 43 to 46). I have been told by the inventor that the slotted outer drum covers (parts 6 and 6.1) on the following diagram are no longer required as the shape and depth of the spiral track grooves keep the cables from falling out of the grooves. Unless the outer drum covers were to be molded in a transparent plastic their deletion may be beneficial as it allows the operator to easily monitor the state of wear of the cables and how they are sitting in the spiral track grooves. What may not be possible to see is the degree of twist in the cables as they may accumulate twist as they wind onto the drums, something you encounter with mono-filament fishing line with drum type spools that lay their line on in a particular pattern.
dreamair fig 4 R.jpg

Last edited:
Oh, let me crawl back into my hole again then. Though I did read the whole thread (on all three(?) forums) I must have forgotten some of it in between my online spearo life and my real life projects. Apologies.
No need to apologize, the relevant section you want is post #21 on page 2 of this thread.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT