• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

injury when loading m Picasso gun

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
What is it with the bad Karma for seemingly harmless posts recently? Thats 2 Ive seen today and I got one the other day for saying sorry to someone! Unsigned also! but whoever it was didnt half wallop my score thing :( Roy I will give you some also but you'll have to wait untill tomorrow cos it says that Ive given to much karma today? (all good by the way)

Mark can you post a picture of your loading pad :D Ive never seen one of those before

Reactions: Spearooo
Originally posted by roy_nexus_6
I wonder, what would people say if they so me getting in to the water with a mouse strapped to my chest.

BTW, How many mice does it takes to make a good pad ?

rofl ................... rofl ................... rofl

Six but you can get by with five if you slice them thin enough.rofl

If the negative Karma is the grey one, then I got some of those too for the posts above! Not that I give a rat strapped to the chest's arse... :D
But it's amazing how someone got jealous of my "big fish in the banan hammock" experience... Nou guys (or gals), don't! :)

The grey karma is from someone you doesnt have a lot of karma, it is positive but just doesnt give you any score (which seems silly) Negative karma is a red box :(

Got the pic.

I think I got it now. Here's the mice pad :t

Mark

Attachments

• dcp00757_edited.jpg
    dcp00757_edited.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 355
Reactions: Wishbone
Hey!

This is exactly how I did it with the shoe sole, but I used velcro bands and the top strap was actually two straps attached to the lower one on the back! Like a harness... And mine looked much much worse!

Great design, Mark! Go get it patented!

Thanks for the design complement, Wishbone, but you can have one exactly like it now. I bought mine from the Rob Allen distributor in Florida. Check out roballendive.com or do a search for Rob Allen or Florida Freedivers to find a source. Rob Allen is on this list.
Mark

NP Mark,

I don't really need it since you can't dive for more than an hour here without a wetsuit... :)

Cheers!

Well, Wishbone, I use it over my wetsuits that have no loading pad as well. Saves gluing a pad onto them and saves the wetsuit from loading wear.
Mark

My 2 cents...

Picasso Century comes with 20mm Bands which are tough on the chest,110cm is also too long to load on the hip. don't try you could hurt yourself.

options:

1)change to 16mm bands and life will be sweet.
2)get tougher, seriously..Tony Heugh at Supafrog loads RA on his chest and abdomen with no pad or butt plate!
3)get one of the Pads as shown above or wear a neoprene vest that should still be ok in 32 deg water if you have problems with a thin vest than get an iron on ballistic nylon patch like the ones that dry suits have for the knees stick it on.

or use a loading system.
just hook a circular band to your wishbone, and load it to the first fin of your shaft, then grab the normal wishbone and load it as usual.

look at the pict, it might be more easy to understand.(on this pict the loading system is done with 2 bands but a circular one will do the trick)

fotobricolaje20.jpg

Ladies...

Does a built-in loading pad on a wetsuit prevent injuries and discomfort? I'm hoping to get a spearfishing suit soon, and I'd like to know how well the loading pads work.

My summer suit is a 2mm steamer with no chest pad so i cut a Stubby Holder
( beer can holder) down the side and used contact cement to stick it to my wettti.
They are made out of 5mm wetti rubber so they flex with your suit and are the perfect size , works great no more sore chest

Crusty

Hey BatRay,

From my experience loading pad help reduce the pain and some help to hold the gun in place while loading. However, when I load my picasso the gun loading pad still digs in to my chest so I took it off and now their is no pain. So in my opinion, yes the loading pad works.

Sounds good. So in general, a suit with a loading pad is better than a suit without one? Might extra padding be needed? Bear in mind that this is from a woman's perspective :D so its a pretty important issue.

Hey BatRay,

I am not in the know when it comes to chest loading for women. I think Alison can help you with this though.

Thanks cantshoot. The advice is helpful, especially since the pad may prevent the gun from slipping. That would be bad. :)

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT