• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Is Subprof.com garbage?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

noobey

Jul 23, 2018
I was about to place an order for a speargun but decided to do some reading first. Plenty of negative reviews about those Spaniards. Painfully slow shipping + deliveries & poor customer support are the main complaints. Waiting months for your order is not uncommon, despite their website stating 4-days internationl shipping.
I sent them a question 3 days ago, no reply yet. And now their "contact" button doesn't seem to work lol

But damn, they have good prices. It's the only reason why I can't just look away.

So Is this true, is it an awful company ?

As a canadian, where else should I be looking? My local shops don't carry much spearfishing gear. I need to find an online shop.

I have not made an order with them in several years and I just place an order with them so I hope they have not changesd.
But I have used them several times in the past and had no probs. I even ordered some omer longfins and an omer fin bag. and the fins did not
fit in the bag. So they sent me a Spetton bag free of charge. Over all I have made 6-7 orders, no long delays. It says contact times Mon-Fri. so they have been
closed over the weekend or at least not using the pc. wait until Monday Spain time. But check Scubastore (divein) I also just made an order with them.
While the price of the goods was more than Subprof, the shipping was cheaper and it worked out better.

made 2 buy's with then. always delays on delivery. 2 weeks delivery time each time.

I've had one fast purchase (2 weeks from order to delivery) and one slow purchase (2 months!). It seems to be down to stock availability. I recently enquired about a couple of items and one was in stock and the other was a week wait.

My Last order took just over a month to arrive. It Didn`t get sent for 3 weeks. They took four days to answer my message asking
whats going on with my order. Then no replies, had to phone them. After 3 weeks and still not knowing anything about my order
I asked them to cancel then it was sent the next day. It took about a week to arrive so that was good. The items were packed well enough
and I`m happy now. It comes down to, if you want the good prices it might be a bit of a trade off with expected service.
This has been my worst dealings with them, but they were still polite and friendly just a little hard to get hold of.

Thanks for the honest reviews.

With so few warm summer days left to dive, I couldn't take the chance with their delayed shipping. So I tried a shop in Italy instead. Planet-multistore. Their prices seemed just as good. From italy to canada, I paid $60 to ship fedex air, and then I got another fee of $75 for taxes + customs.

Just letting you fellow canadians know. Our dive shops are so costly. So even with that fee of $135, I still came out way ahead. They kept in contact, answered all my questions and shipped it out fast. Definitely a good find.

Reactions: PoseidonSv
As of last week approx 15/9/2019I have not been able to access the SUBPROF website.... I wonder what's up.

SUBPROF are garbage and unreliable to say the least. My brother and his friend lost EUR 100 each on the orders with them, which they didn't deliver in Canada. As for me, after about 6 weeks of no communication for a bulk order, and co-incidentally, my trip to Spain going near Girona , where they are located, I have finally was able to collect all my stuff in-person. It is a small warehouse in the industrial area, with about 5-6 people working there.

As far as I could see all the space is occupied by packages, some are torn, very disorganized. Stay away from them.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT