• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Is that samba???

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Mlaen

Making progress...
Jun 22, 2003
Just now, I was doing apnea walk at my home, so after I start walkin afet 10m i start all shaking, I couldn't control it (I eaven hit the wall with my head :) ). I didnt blacked out and I kept standing and it past after few seconds - so was that samba or what???
And what could be the rason for that??

THX!

It sounds like a samba to me!
Did you hyperventilate or pack before starting? (These things can sometimes cause problems)
How many apnea walks did you do, and how long is your normal distance?

Lucia

I never hyperventilate....and don't do any packing on apnea walk...but i really filled my lungs before that...
I walk 60m. That was the 3th apnea walk time today...
Perhaps the reason could be that I spent one week in hospital without any training-i quit in staurday and today started with my training (i can't dive for at least one week)-is it too fast?

Did you fill your lungs while sitting or lying down and then suddenly stand?
The distance doesn't seem to be the problem. Maybe you were a bit weak after being in hospital, and the sudden change in blood pressure caused by standing while holding your breath caused the problem.

Possible...
I prepare for walk sitting but last few breathups are done standing up and the samba occures after 10m....taoday i heaven't tried...will try it in about 4 hours...
thanx for help!

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT