• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

IWC World Static Apnea Contest, Monaco 21-23.07

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Go Erik!
I just post something to get subscribed for this tread :)

I too agree wiht Jome about the results of the first round.

I doubt that Curavić will make it past 7min. I'd say he'll come up at about 6:30 to 6:45. Im sure Mifsud will easily beat that.

But maybe Curavić realy improved himself...

I'm not one to miss out on a good bet :)

Eric Fattah
Karl Pernett
Stig Severinsen
Timo Kinnunen
Ryuzo Shinomia
Stephane Mifsud

Where did you find the results of the draw, Glenn? I can't find them on the competition website.

Jussi

I' m with Jussi !!

Eric Fattah
Karl Pernett
Stig Severinsen
Timo Kinnunen
Ryuzo Shinomia
Stephane Mifsud

Will the contest's website support all of us trying to watch it tomorrow ???
I'll be connected since 5 am !!!

GO KARL !!!! :wave

Anything can happen :) ...When I look back to the past:
-Ryuzo's last two statik performance was over 7 min in competition (7'07,7'13)
-Deron's last two statik in competition 6'39,6'38min
-Mifsud last two in comp. 4'46,7'54min
-Curavic last comp. (I'm not find any other result) in Athen: 6'23min

Balázs

It's always hard to predict static apnea results but it's fun to try:
Fattah-Stromberg = Fattah
Pernett-Ventzke= Pernett
Stig-Wolle = Stig
Kinnunen-Nowicki = Kinunnen
Ryuzo-Verbek= Ryuzo
Curavic-Mifsud= Mifsud

Then, things will complicate but I'll try again:
Fattah- Pernett = Pernett (it's my brother)
Stig-Kinnunen= Kinnunen (this is very difficult to predict)
Ryuzo-Mifsud = Mifsud

And the final champion....
...only God knows

hi from monaco

last and only training day today
kike stig bill no training

other results from me watching and timing
mifsud 715
dom 712
karl 706 714 714 +6 other less than 7
timo felt off abort
wolle 700
ryuzo 705 706
arnaud 6XX

My luggage is lost for good i borrowed a shorty did 706 740 while shivering but I have no chance for 2hrs of static without a real suit or snorkel

enjoy watching it on the net

one dumb thing is that for weird reasons we must do warm up then get up and walk to the zone on land and remain out of water for 10 min
big argument but thats how it will be

i saw tara reid at the banquet... hollywood look, tight body and fake (?) tits? seemed a bit shy though

eric

thanks for the interesting update! :D

sorry to hear that you lost your luggage. you should try to borrow a better wetsuit from someone...

Fake? This competition is starting to get really interesting :)

Man I wish the airlines would get that luggage thing together. I also got my bag back a week after returning from Nice. It smelled real nice with the damp wetsuit and dirty clothes having hatched there for about a week. I was almost hoping some one had stolen it. I would've loved to have imagined their faces after opening the big catch. A damp, slighlty urine smelling beaten down wetsuit, used underwear and 4 kg of lead. What a catch :)

Update and corrections

My Brother Karl did yesterday 7'04", 7'14" and 7'22" the other were warm up.

This morning did 7'30" and 8'

I wish the best to every competitor.

This is getting really exciting!!! :p

Is anyone able to view the stream? I suppose it should've started now...All I can get is the very long intro video :/

Me too Simo, it's 2:30am here in Australia....i'll be a zombie tomorrow.... :duh

Hi,

I'm a friend of Eric's. I've tried to find the webcast on the competition site. It looks like there is no link on the English site and the French site comes up blank. Does anyone know how to tune in?

Thanks,
Maggie

I believe it is: mms://83.144.1.41/wsac2
which currently just shows a presentation, but at 11:00am PDT should begin the live coverage.

Cheers,

Tyler

The stream is on now. You might want to set the buffering pretty high in media player (if that's what you use). (tools->options->performance->buffering). With 60s it seams to play pretty good...

Moving to couch...:) More speculation to come before semi finals...

Hmm, the link changed to mms://83.144.1.41/wsac as opposed to the other one I posted.

Cheers,

Tyler

D U guys get any sound? Well I don't and the connection is really bad here too.

No sound yet for me... there was for a bit earlier (some music). Just watching whales now... Saw the volume changing at their location, so maybe they are having tech difficulties.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT