• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

IWC World Static Apnea Contest, Monaco 21-23.07

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Great, awsome, how this topic has develloped! I admire all fellow man over here who've expressed so much love. Eric you did a most generous offer, that gives us a real exemple how the world can be.

I hoop we all meet in Zwitserland, and Nice for the world championschips I'm sure it will be great!

I hope Pierre frolla finds the strenth to get Tom in, I'm sure that there is a way, just be fearless and do what your intuition tells you!
Maybe tell the king of Marokko about the sponsors' inability to see the thruth that Tom Sietas is clean and it's people at AIDA who's judgements were wrong. Appart from that the whole FD community is very united in oppinion that Tom has done no cheating and is a blessing to the sport supplying us with new techniques, knowledge and a great spirit.
This must be inspirering for every man and the king. Tell the King about this great exemple Eric Fattah is sure a way to promote love and friendship in his kingdom.
There is too much energy wasted in negative things. Work together people.

Love peace and water!

Kars.

Tom,

I hope you and others can see the point of view that Pierre and his sponsors have taken. Look back at the Canadian sprinter who tested positive for doping. Sponsors shunned him and the rest of the team.

Pierre is a great guy and in my opinion is just trying to appease the sponsors so everyone is happy and the event is not shrouded in controversy.

You are still making head lines with amazing performances and I commend you.

I have also sent Pierre a letter stating if you are allowed to participate that I be your first pull and you can put me out of my misery. rofl

I believe this is a great opportunity for all the athletes involved and the sponsors have put up a lot of money to bring the 12 of us together. I am the one that has to travel the farthest for only 5 days of competition. Do you think I'll be at the top of my game?

I train hard as I'm sure the rest of the athletes who were invited are and I believe we are all blessed for being invited.

I believe Pierre and his sponsors are on the verge of a breakthrough in the sport of competitive freediving. This is the first of it's kind and the first that is finally showing the world that we are legitamate athletes by giving away something that has never been given before. COLD HARD CASH!!!!!!

It would be a shame if you were not reinvited, but I hope you and the others don't hold Pierre to blame.

To all the athletes involved I am looking forward to meeting you all, train hard, be safe.

DSV

Kars,

I wish I could meet you and everyone else in Switzerland and Nice, but unfortunately the Canadian selection process requires that I compete at the Canadian Nationals which are on the other side of Canada, and with all the F1 expenses I can't afford to go, so that means I can't be selected for the world championships, even if I made the pre-requisites etc....

I just received an e-mail from Pierre Frolla!! He say the competition format will be increased from 12 to 14 athletes, allowing Tom to be invited!!

Damn it!! I love it when a community pulls together.

Makes feel all warm n fuzzy inside :)
Hats off to Eric

jim

You see people we can change the world, just go for it!

Well who's going to be nr 14? As Tom will be the 13th :)
When is this competition is going to take place? ;) LOL :)

Love Peace and water!

Kars.

I'm very glad to see that the community has moved something. We all contributed! It's a great feeling. Now let's see who takes the crown! :king

yours
Pat

P.S. Eric, your behavior was outstanding and will not be forgotten!

Hi guys,

You are nice as always. I haven't received any information about a reinvitation, so I don't know if the decision has been taken already. But anyway, it is great to see how united a community can be...

All the best, Tom

I have been away from the computer for a few days and boy was thread exciting to catch up on! Good luck DSV, Eric, and Tom. Now the anticipation is building while we wait to see if Tom receives an invite and also who the 14th competitor will be!

Personally I think anyone can have one bad static attempt, even Tom Sietas. Remember he only did 7:10 at the 2004 World Champions before he did a 9 something as a demonstration. Eric is as consistent of static performer as anyone.

What has Stephane Mifsud been doing lately? I think Tom would have to be the favorite but I do not think his odds of winning are more than 50%. So if this was Las Vegas I would take the bet that someone will beat him.
don

yes.. but... why not invite some women along (other than the "beauties" who are meeting everyone and riding around in limos with them of course)?

unlike Pierre to forget about the females! we freedive too!

Sam

donmoore said:
Remember he only did 7:10 at the 2004 World Champions before he did a 9 something as a demonstration.
Yes ONLY 7:10 :waterwork :duh

Vancouver was a team event. It is not the same as an individual event where you can push all you want. In Team championships you only do what the coach says you NEED to do to win as a team. Can you be sure that Tom couldn't do more than 7:10?

Panos Lianos said:
Vancouver was a team event. It is not the same as an individual event where you can push all you want. In Team championships you only do what the coach says you NEED to do to win as a team. Can you be sure that Tom couldn't do more than 7:10?

He could do more then 7:10....his captain whispered at 7:00, "you've got the scooter" and he surfaced at 7:10.

I was Tom's safety when he did 7'10" at Worlds. He came up because his coach forced him to come up, because Germany already won the whole competition. Tom told me he could have reached 8'30"....

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT