• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Jan 6th Meet and Christmas Dinner

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Really sorry Sam / Liv I can't make it to the Christmas do this year - sounds like it's gonna be great fun, just like last time. In the middle of a particularly manic period work-wise but expect to be able to find time to make it to Chepstow when the warmer weather arrives, so hopefully see you there soon. Have a fab time tomorrow!

Ross

if anyone ends up homeless you can always crash at our place if you don't mind being a party pooper as Dave and I are not traditionally the latest stayer-uppers!

see you tomorrow

s

Thanks to everyone who came along yesterday - seemed to be fun despite the tipping rain! we really should put chocolate on the plate every time.... (by the way we found a GIANT chocolate penny in Starbucks this morning!).

Thanks too for last night. Great evening, yummy food and fine wine as always but more importantly, fantastic company and ace presents. Thanks to Liv and Tim for helping organise the dinner and for the thoughtful gifts for Dave and I. We will be munching Maltesers well into the next millenium and the photo is already up in pride of place.

and EXCITING NEWS! The quarry is 2m deeper than it was a few months ago thanks to such huge rainfall... come back Theo- the challenge is on!!

I didn't get many photos but the ones I did take are up on Flickr: Photos from samdive

see you all soon

S

That was a great dive and party..big thanks to all

unusually didn't feel too ill this morning, must have been that lovely Oz wine:friday

Nursery furniture shopping in IKEA has done for me now though
need asprin......

Lammy

I wish I was as bulletproof as you Lammy, I was in a whole world of pain today...

What a fabulous weekend! The diving was good fun and I can promise you that nowhere in Australia will I ever get the chance to freedive in 9 degree water (and find chocolate at the end of the rope :D ). I've discovered my body can go a completely new shade of white - brought on by getting changed into an open cell suit in the rainy carpark at 6 degrees. Fun!

Pen and I had a fantastic time at the party too - thanks to all involved! Cecil is settling nicely in his new home.

I have some photos, but most of them consist of people balancing maltesers on their nose and some angry shots of Tim and Dave.

See you all soon!

Cheers,
Ben

Reactions: naiad
The diving was good fun and I can promise you that nowhere in Australia will I ever get the chance to freedive in 9 degree water
9 degrees? It can drop lower than that. I am pretty sure we had 6-7°C at the surface last year in february/march.

I miss SaltFree:(
I haven't done a deep dive since last July :waterwork

Matt

I know - we just haven't had the proper cold weather yet. Feb/March will be cooler for sure!

You should come back for a visit! Maybe wait till it warms up a bit though :D

We did toast our absent friends! Remi, Matthias, Franck, Bryn, Mark, Laura (and a few other people!) all had glasses raised to them...

maybe that is why we go through so much wine ; )

Incidentally the pub owner remarked that it was a long time since he had seen a group have such an obviously fun evening and that we all seemed to get on amazingly well.. what could he have meant????

Well I'm not sure, but going back thru my quotes book, all I can say is that we are all just a little bit excentric when under the influence..(yes me included) ;0)
I hope you're all going to stand true to your pledges of forming a SaltFree Bog Snorkelling team! It's on Monday bank holiday 27th August and I believe that all the top russian freedivers have already enrolled! Mountain bike bog snorkeling and Triathlon bog snorkeling also available! 0Bog Snorkelling - Llanwrtyd Wells(Coming Events)

Truly mindblowing quotes were 'Is that the Gander?', 'Saltfree band - 3 saxes, a flute, a triangle and a trumbone', 'toys, pram, shut the *$*k up!'.
'Pimp that snack', 'It's on his knee & his flipper is wobbleing', 'Goose tastes like angry Chicken', 'chocolate starfish', 'It bit at my soul', 'is your heart as light as a feather?', 'drink some water babe!', 'you're a scary person Dave', 'Did I tell you what I did at the airport?', 'they didn't actually die, but they moved to France', 'we call them Chaz Whoppers' (???), 'everybody knows that I can't do sh*t like that', 'the tickets said 31st Dec 2007', and finally 'a toast to mark and laura'.
They were the ones that wern't too rude to type! Thanks for a great dive and a really fun night.
xLiv:mad:

Ok bog snorkelling team list...

1. Lammy Dave

etc etc..

Beth was sober and can remember the whole night.....oh dear oh dear oh dear

Lammy

Hot Damn you guys! Sounds like it rocked. Sorry to have missed the action but you know why. M's stitches come out later today and all is well. Scarface will emerge leaner and meaner than ever. And just so we didn't feel completely out of touch ... we were on the cheap rosé this end with Stiltskin rockin' the neighbourhood.
Always yours
xx

Oh yeah.. and thanks to Liv for keeping the minutes............... particularly amused by the quote about our french friends........................

Was an awesome weekend guys, I am actually still feeling a little run down.

How cool was the diving so nice to get back into the nice green water, kicks butt on egypt.

Do you reckon we can put salt free in a bubble, with the boat doing dinner each night and all your mates living there.

comrade money

Ah yes, I recall being somewhere on Saturday.

Great photos Liv!

class quote to remember next time i,m asked what it tastes like

"Goose tastes like angry Chicken"

looks like you all had a great time

Joke of the year... and I can't remember who made it up but it wasn't me, so sorry:

Why does Feargus wear two lanyards?

to be sure, to be sure

Reactions: fcallagy
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT