• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Japan Spear Fishing - 日本 やり釣

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
I just tell them I am only catching fish, and if they still argue I tell them to call the coast guard. Where I live bands are not allowed either
but the CG here does not care, and always just talk to me, take my car number and tell me the fishermen are wrong to say I can not go in the water.
It is everyones ocean. Some used to get angry with me, I just be polite, tell them I am doing nothing wrong and if they dont like it call the CG.
They are all pretty used to me now.
We do get a quite a few people doing the wrong thing and taking what they shouldn`t, so the harsh reaction is somewhat expected.
Do your best to explain what you are doing.

I watched a few YouTube. videos on Japan and Japanese history during the covid lock down. I found this one by Paolo from Tokyo helpful understanding why people may be reluctant to test if spearing is permitted in an area. It is also a useful and sobering warning to visitors to follow the rules and laws, or else risk facing "hostage justice" - unavoidable real prison time for minor offences.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT