• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

JERSEY DIVE TEAM 2015

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Could we include Scottish spearos in this friendly comp? £100 for the biggest Pollock?

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk
If them souther pussys won't take you on I will !The shire v Scotland a bottle of Whisky for the biggest pollock !Dario better deliver the goods when I go with him or I'm in the shit again!

Reactions: jerseymike
image.jpg
Lana beat this beast 4oz don't tell daddy !

This sounds good, looking forward to it! Can fish caught at the guernsey fish in vino be entered by jersey ?

Reactions: jerseymike
[/QUOTE]
NO night diving……………only daylight, freediving caught species are eligible.

Eligible species which are caught on any private, social or club dive anywhere within Jersey or Guernsey waters (other than by night diving) can be entered.

This sounds good, looking forward to it! Can fish caught at the guernsey fish in vino be entered by jersey ?

Out of interest just compared the Gnys and Jersey shore fishing records to see how our Gnsy V Jsy species comp list varied in the islands in terms of available species and size of fish, looks like Gnsy wins hands down! .............. out of the 18 fish species on our spearfishing list, Gnsy hold 15 of the shore fishing records! Bass 18-6-5, black bream 6-8-6,gilthead 8-2-2, brill 7-7-8,cod 29-0-0,flounder 5-6-13, garfish 2-11-11, (gurnard red 2-4-6, gurnard tub 5-9-1) mackerel 2-13-0, mullet gg 3-0-4, mullet red 3-15-0, mullet thick 11-14-6, plaice 8-3-4,pollack 16-1-6, sole 6-8-10.

Last edited:
Out of interest just compared the Gnys and Jersey shore fishing records to see how our Gnsy V Jsy species comp list varied in the islands in terms of available species and size of fish, looks like Gnsy wins hands down! .............. out of the 18 fish species on our spearfishing list, Gnsy hold 15 of the shore fishing records! Bass 18-6-5, black bream 6-8-6,gilthead 8-2-2, brill 7-7-8,cod 29-0-0,flounder 5-6-13, garfish 2-11-11, (gurnard red 2-4-6, gurnard tub 5-9-1) mackerel 2-13-0, mullet gg 3-0-4, mullet red 3-15-0, mullet thick 11-14-6, plaice 8-3-4,pollack 16-1-6, sole 6-8-10.

How many years ago were most of these record fish caught?! Most of them a long time ago I bet Mike.

Ur right, not many records broken in recent years in either island. I saw Jonny made it in yesterday, how about you?

Yeah we got in mate. Was choppy with poor viz but found some new grounds which look promising. Any of you Jersey boys venture out? Roll on summer, calmer seas and good vis :)

Yeah we got in mate. Was choppy with poor viz but found some new grounds which look promising. Any of you Jersey boys venture out? Roll on summer, calmer seas and good vis :)
well done for braving it, conditions weren't good enough to tempt me.

Guernsey records are in fact bailiwick records so include Sark & Alderney!

looks like good weather on the horizon...

We have figured a plan for the 2 key fish on the list... if we can get even just one of the 2 then i'll be pretty chuffed...

and they taste greeeat with chips...

Last edited:
looks like good weather on the horizon...

We have figured a plan for the 2 key fish on the list... if we can get even just one of the 2 then i'll be pretty chuffed...

and they taste greeeat with chips...
ru going to share ur plan?

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT