• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

John's Oysters

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Amphibious

Working Class Spearo
Mar 17, 2002
A quick way to do a mess of shellfish

place fresh oysters on BBQ untill they open. do not over cook.

prep oysters in the half-shell
add a few dashes of favorite hotsauce (I like Frank's Redhot)
add one tablespoon of grated Asiago cheese
place back on BBQ untill cheese is melted.

eat with a fork right off the shell. ENJOY.

Reactions: fuzz
have you tried using Smack My Ass and Call Me Sally Hot souce?
just make sure you have lots of ice cold beer handy to put out the flames

I like FLAVOR, not hemroids on my tounge thanks

I like Dave's insanity when i make chilli, or anything Harbenero based. since the only time I make oysters when we have the girlys over for a BBQ I try to keep them mild.

sounds very tasty!

I'll try it soon!

you meant this oyster right?

Attachments

• oyster.bmp
    76 KB · Views: 286
most of the time -if not a insert a small knife and twist. make sure not to over cook them

I'm used to eat them raw! If they don't open how long should I wait till I take them off the fire! :duh

what will I do If I only bring one and this one is from the misfortunate few that doesn't open? :duh

I never make these unless I have two dozen or more - they go down way to fast

I just got a sack at the marina this week. $20 bucks for a sack straight off the boat...cant beat that with a wiffle ball bat! In fact, my lovely wife is down stairs frying some for oyster po-boys...thats how we do it in the dirty south.

Oh yeah...a sack work out to about 300 or so oysters. Thats alot of aphrodesiac....

if you don't walk with a limp tomorrow I will know the rumors about oysters arn't true

wanna post the script for an Oyster Po-Boy? always up for a new shell fish dish!

So . . . try my Bwana Walt's Safari Hot Sauce on them. It's in the Prawns Mozambique thread. Works a treat on grouse, too.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…