• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

John's Oysters

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Amphibious

Working Class Spearo
Mar 17, 2002
A quick way to do a mess of shellfish :D

place fresh oysters on BBQ untill they open. do not over cook.

prep oysters in the half-shell
add a few dashes of favorite hotsauce (I like Frank's Redhot)
add one tablespoon of grated Asiago cheese
place back on BBQ untill cheese is melted.

eat with a fork right off the shell. ENJOY.

Reactions: fuzz
have you tried using Smack My Ass and Call Me Sally Hot souce?
just make sure you have lots of ice cold beer handy to put out the flames

I like FLAVOR, not hemroids on my tounge thanks :D

I like Dave's insanity when i make chilli, or anything Harbenero based. since the only time I make oysters when we have the girlys over for a BBQ I try to keep them mild. ;)

sounds very tasty!

I'll try it soon!

you meant this oyster right?

Attachments

• oyster.bmp
    76 KB · Views: 278
most of the time -if not a insert a small knife and twist. make sure not to over cook them :D

I'm used to eat them raw! If they don't open how long should I wait till I take them off the fire! :duh

what will I do If I only bring one and this one is from the misfortunate few that doesn't open? :duh :D

I never make these unless I have two dozen or more - they go down way to fast :D

I just got a sack at the marina this week. $20 bucks for a sack straight off the boat...cant beat that with a wiffle ball bat! In fact, my lovely wife is down stairs frying some for oyster po-boys...thats how we do it in the dirty south.

Oh yeah...a sack work out to about 300 or so oysters. Thats alot of aphrodesiac....

if you don't walk with a limp tomorrow I will know the rumors about oysters arn't true :D

wanna post the script for an Oyster Po-Boy? always up for a new shell fish dish!

So . . . try my Bwana Walt's Safari Hot Sauce on them. It's in the Prawns Mozambique thread. Works a treat on grouse, too.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT