• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

July - Freedive-A-Pazoola 2007 - Wisconsin

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Will you be attending?

• Total voters
Next year I plan on Taking some Vacation time off for the event- I know it's early BUT, for next year- if you figure out the dates let me know- I have to ask for my vacation in DECEMBER for the 2008 season. WE got plenty of time- just don't know if you normally do it this time of year. ALSO, Those scooters are awesome!!! I saw in the 2004 Freedive-a-palooza you guys had the SEA-DOO scooters. how are the sea-doo's or is it worth getting the better ones? Any recommendations? You can PM me. Thanks,

--------Scott

Scott.. the 2 sea-doo's were my brothers'.. the yellow one was kinda worthless and I think he sold it at a garage sale for like $50 bucks or less.. but the grey/silver one is pretty good for the $$.. holds a charge for about 1hr and has 2 speeds.. doesn't work too bad.. for sure not the power of Jon's or Peter's that they had at the palooza this year, but fun non the less. I think I saw that sam's club had some sea-doo's for sale awhile back.. didn't really look at them..

Jon,,, yeah, I know about getting familiar with how everyone is doing.. very important I agree. I think it works out good to do it just the way it's been in the past.

You and Peter were up and down the line so many times I'm not surprised you and others that were hitting the diving hard plugged up...

This spring on an early trip to the lake it didn't take many trips down into the thermocline to shock my eustachion tubes closed real quick.
kinda why I took it easy this year at the palooza maybe. (maybe the older I get the wiser I get, eh? :) )

I do love that thermocline though... seriously... ohhh it feeeels soooo goood!! I think I'm going there tomorrow.
Fred

Fred,

Is there opportunity to hit depth at the Crosby mines? Maybe we can organize some safety measures for labor day.

-Jeff

Ceason,
We always do the one up, one down, meet on the way, and add the lanyard if someone is going way into the dark or deep or can't figure out that coming up the line means coming up the line. I don't have a retrieval system but have designed several on paper before..

Other than that for sure the opportunity to go deep is there.. I think several of the pits bottom out over 300' or near... I know Portsmouth hits over 350', Louise, which is popular is about 135', Mahnomen 1 and 2 are great, Mangan is interesting too to name a few... I guess they are all good. (can anyone tell I'm promoting the corsby/ironton area???, apalooza 5 anyone????.. comon' jon, it's your turn to travel :) ), what am I saying?? it's still over 200hundred miles for me.

Fred

Last edited:
For next year we're looking at the weekend of July 12+13 or the 19+20.

I'm wide open to either date right now. What works for everyone else? I'd like to set a date in the next week and then everyone can start planning for next year.

Jon

Reactions: nostres
19th & 20th get my first vote... moves it away from the 4th a bit.
Fred

I vote for 12th and 13th hard to get weekends off that I am scheduled to work.

Ceason,
We always add the lanyard if someone can't figure out that coming up the line means coming up the line.

Oh, I LOVE this as a safety! Playing "Chase the Freediver" Or, even better, when they come up ANOTHER line! Then, you have to direct traffic, as well! rofl

Todd

You are supposed to come UP the line???? Hmmm. . . OK, I'll buy that. Strange as it may seem, this event is likely to attract some fairly experienced divers who can do some decent depth but who almost never line dive, don't know the generally accepted rules and may have never even seen a lanyard. More important, they may not know they don't know. Some sort of orientation might by a good idea.

Anyway, the later date sounds much better to me, but I'll be there regardless. Doing a 3 day sounds even better. I was just getting into depth when "tired" caught up with me. Having another day would have been wonderful. Another idea, as the event grows, it might be advantageous to have several different groups doing different things in different places.

Connor

Last edited:
"Although Palooza glorious event, it have a problem too. It is over"

All we have left now is memories and video, I hope to upload some more soon, it's just so hard to find computer time now. Here's scooter on YouTube [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K45pJRsqiIg]YouTube - Freedive Palooza 2007 short preview[/ame]

For the next year the best dates would be from July 12 to 20th, two days is definately not enough for this kind of meeting

Hi guys! How are You?!

I am sorry it took so long to show this couple minutes of video but I have to get ready for Hawaii so I work a lot lately. Then there's family time and very little of if left for computer, but somehow (after not sleeping for two nights) here it is Palooza part one. Second coming soon but there will be not much more. Tommorrow I will add the same video in bigger file for download. Ceason's wife Jodi is a great actress but I did not do it right. We don't even have a close up shot on her to show how good looking she is, there is only this good voice of her. Easy fix, well do it better next year. Enjoy, I love You all

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4RDgRJQ8X0]YouTube - Freedive Palooza part 1[/ame]

Still working my way through it (STUPID DIAL UP!!), but what I've seen so far is a riot! And I'm still working on the story, too, but after everyone having to stare at my mug for over a MONTH, I'm not sure a new story from me would be the next thing to go up as the lead article... lol

Todd

I would still like to hear it, Toddy

Maybe You can use library internet or Starbucks where they have faster connection so You can write faster:) see You

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT