• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

July - Freedive-A-Pazoola 2007 - Wisconsin

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Will you be attending?

• Total voters
Great pics!!! Looks like you all had a fun time! Scooters look especially fun.
Cool license plate
icon10.gif

Had a great time...I look forward to the write-up from Todd, & Nostres, are you going to put together another YouTube vid?...keep us posted.

Thank you to Jon for all of the hard work & to DP for the T's!

Jan (my wife) went in 3 times...nothing for depth, but she had a blast...slowly but surely getting hooked. Got to get her a nice wet suit & a better fitting mask.

My son (almost 11) shot his first 3 fish in a row! I think he is hooked.

I managed a personal best for depth...got to love that thermocline...what was it, from 74 F to 40 F in a matter of 1 - 2 feet?Thank you to the Safety divers & every one else who came.

Gene

here's a quick video I put together - it will be on YOUTUBE later.

[ame="http://s113.photobucket.com/albums/n219/Argyleparkk/?action=view&current=ff4414ed.flv"]Video of FREEDIVE-A-PALOOZA - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErX2Lna8-z4"][/ame]

-------Scott

Last edited:
Jon thanks Felicia and Kim had a great time as I did as well. Also thanks Gene and Papa Smurf for my most prized Deeper Blue Shirt. Peter, Todd and Jon thanks for keeping us all safe out there and thanks to all for all feed back and pointers. Kim told us this morning she dove to 40 feet,I was tempted to say estoria which is the funny Cebuano word for lie instead I just asked if she was going to continue to work on her breath holds thanks again. Rob

Scott...awesome vid!

I almost forgot...my first night dive...that was way cool as well...did anyone get any pics from that? Could just sneak up on the fish...walleye, suckers, panfish...way cool.

Thanks to all again...

Anyone wanting to meet at Sheboygan 7/28 @ 10:00, I will be starting a thread...let me know.

Lastly, did anyone else experience a sharp pain in the middle of the forehead? I experienced this on my 55' dive...what was it, & how can I prevent it in the future? I could have gone deeper, but something didn't feel right...

Gene

Last edited:
GR8 video Scott!

Gene, I will put something on YouTube, I just need couple days as I am busy with new job. Pain You described is most likely sinus problem. I had it from the first dive on saturday, I was just fighting with it. Few more people had it, it didn't allow Roland to dive, he bought some Afrin and let me use some on saturday evening but it did not help me so I had to over come it on sunday too. I never had it before in my life, I blame cold water for it. At least I was able to force it thru, I guess it could have been worse and stop me from diving completely

Looks like you guys had a blast well done to alll concerned thanks for the pics and video and all the updates.

Yeah, this is going to be in my article....the attack of sinusitis! And here's me, Mr. Equalization Issues, and I had NO problems at all! At least, not with that..it was the THERMOCLINE that messed with MY head!

Todd

In almost 30 years of diving I have never had any major issues with my ear, but by the end of this weekend mine were shot.:crutch

I know that this has been my worst year ever for allergies and I wonder if it's starting to effect my diving? This spring I found myself taking 2-3 different allergy medicines every day- something which I have never had to do before. As the summer has worn on it's gotten better but my head still isn't as clear as it was only a year ago.

The worst was being at 100' with air in my lungs, and my cheeks, but still being unable to force any more into my ears themselves. add to that the constant hissing sound they made on the way back up making me hope that I wouldn't end up with a reverse block somewhere along the way.

I guess I'll just have to tell my wife that we need to move to a desert island somewhere for health reasons- someplace like Bonaire. ;)

Jon

thats all the pine pollen some days in the spring it looks like green rain coming off the trees.
I get clogged a lot going up there to the inlaws and I dont have hay fever. just the way it is. All that beauty has its prices i guess

Heya, this is Costa. I'm finally registered :) We left in some rush. Just wanted to thank everyone for the great time and company. I really enjoyed being there. Good video I wish there were more links to photos.

Great time, thanks to all, especially Jon for organizing, Unirdna for carting me around, and DiverTodd and Longfins for coming half way across the country to be safety for us all. A real pleasure to dive with people I had met through DB, but never in the flesh. And then there was Jon's scooter!!!! And Longfins to introduce me to the Dark Side. What a toy!, more on this later.

See you next year.

Connor

Last edited:
For those that traveled long distance what was the biggest obstacle or pain? Maybe some of us local guys can help out better.

good to see everyone again who was a repeat from past years.. and great to meet the newbies to the apalooza! great group this year, I really enjoyed the visits.

about the sinusitis... yup.. I know that's coming for all the times I've had repetitious trips to the thermocline plug me up and I've seen it happen to others often. It was one of the reasons I didn't make a lot of trips to the far end of the rope.. I was still feeling really good on sunday. I suffer a bit from allergies, but had no trouble.

buddy Rolands is always hoping we'll do the deep stuff on saturday when the ears are fresh and I would have to agree. (maybe he wants to do the deep stuff early so he can turn the weekend into a party...:friday )

I thought it was a great party either way:)

I could have done without the noisy neighbors (not part of our group) to the north for sure, but that's my only complaint (after I found the good latrine see pic).

I've got a few more pics, just haven't had time to get 'em going yet.

Fred

Attachments

• IMG_2472 (Small).JPG
    IMG_2472 (Small).JPG
    54.1 KB · Views: 179
Ceason,

Coming from Florida was dirt simple, fairly cheap and you guys took great care of me, thanks. Probably want to reassure divers from the south that 40 degree water really ain't bad, provided they have a good suit.
Only two minor difficulties, flights going home were late: I didn't get home until the wee hours(work the next day, ugh!) and the eating schedule was hard on my system, mostly because I did not understand the schedule everybody else was on. That's easy to fix for next year.

Connor

Fred,

I understand Roland's point about wanting to go deep on Saturday, but I kind of set it up that way for a reason. The first day we always get new people whom I've never met before, let alone seen in the water, and I want to get a feel for them before we let them go deep while tied into my rig. I know that many of us were stuffed-up on Sunday,but we didn't have a single blackout or samba this year so everyone must have been staying pretty well into their comfort zones.

Maybe next year we should do an extra deep day on Friday for all the regulars who want to hit some depth while their ears are still good? Then we could switch to the shallow(ish) stuff for Saturday and back deep again on Sunday.

Then again, maybe we should all just go up on Thursday to shoot some fish and then do the deep, shallow, deep, thing after that. rofl

I know what you mean about the loud neighbors. My wife went up to the group to the south to ask them to turn things down so our kids could get to sleep. They were pretty nice about it and turned the radio off. I don't remember that many problems in years past with noisy neighbors? Maybe it was just on odd glitch to add more excitement to the event?

Jon

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT