• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Karl static performance

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Karl's performance should be accepted?

• YES

Votes: 12 41.4%
  • NO

Votes: 17 58.6%

• Total voters
Here Here Eric, I couldn't agree more. There isn't much point in having rules if they don't apply to everyone equally.

Karl, congratulations on an astounding performance. There is probably small solace in this but, whether it was recognized in the competition or not the freediving community is aware of what you accomplished. Best of luck in the future.

Frank,

Give these words to Karl.

The reason to compete in a freediving competition is not to beat other people, but to compete against yourself, to prove to yourself that you can perform at a high standard, against other people, in the stress of a competition. Karl proved to himself that he can do that. He received the most points in the static competition. That should satisfy him. He knows he is the winner. It makes no difference if the result is not officially recognized. The trip was not in vain. He did what he trained to do. He succeeded.

Eric Fattah
BC, Canada

Reactions: Adrian
Wise words

As the title says wise words Eric, I will give it to him.

hi

Very nice Eric Karl deserves that, Frank any chance of Karl coming back to deeper blue I would like to congratulate him and tell him im his second biggest fan :cool: Karl pernett a.k.a Static guru

cheers

nices word eric

NICES WORDS ERIC-

as a Karl say to me-Look at other and be distressed;look at self and be depressed;look to God and you will be blessed"

Saludos para Karl y su hermanos aunque no te conosco pero soy amigo de tu hermano bueno muchacho ok yo soy cubano

Karl

Hi Ivan,
As soon as my brother returns from Cyprus, I'll let him about you.

Hola Daniel,
Si me habia hablado de ti. Gracias por tus palabras.

thank you

Thank you Frank..i do free diving too..but i like the unassisted ...estoy trabajando mas con el unassisted .en piscina.

Saludos

Daniel.

hi

Im not sure I understand what language you are using :duh

cheers

hi Ivan

Hi Ivan that is my Espanol .although i live in USA -im from Cuba.
where are you from? do you practice free diving?

cheers
Saludos

Daniel.

Eric's translation in ispanish

HI Eric -I translated the message you posted before about karl's performance in ispanish.

La razon para competir en una competencia de free diving no es mucho ganarle a otras personas ,sino competir en contra de ti mismo,para probarte tu mismo que puedes competir con un alto nivel en contra de otros,en la rigidez de la competencia Karl se probo el mismo que el puede hacer eso.El recibio la mayor cantidad de puntos en la estatica.cosa que lo satisface-El sabe que el es un ganador.no hace la diferencia si el resultado no fue oficialmente reconocido.El viaje no fue en vano.El hizo todo para lo que fue entrenado ,y tuvo exitos.

Last edited:
Re: Eric's translation in ispanish

Originally posted by neshamah
HI Eric -I translated the message you posted before about karl's performance in ispanish.Is it ok?

La razon para competir en una competencia de free diving no es mucho ganarle a otras personas ,sino competir en contra de ti mismo,para probarte tu mismo que puedes competir con un alto nivel en contra de otros,en la rigidez de la competencia Karl se probo el mismo que el puede hacer eso.El recibio la mayor cantidad de puntos en la estatica.cosa que lo satisface-El sabe que el es un ganador.no hace la diferencia si el resultado no fue oficialmente reconocido.El viaje no fue en vano.El hizo todo para lo que fue entrenado ,y tuvo exitos.

hi

Thats weird your Cuban but speak Spanish and Live in the states :cool:

Errr I dont freedive up and down a line but I do a lot of spearfishing and do an ocassional static when Im bored.

cheers

Hi Ivan i did spearfishing too

Hi Ivan ..I did a lot of spearfishing since i was living in cuba ..i used to live very close to the beach.in a beautiful place call"la bay of matanzas"..were is pipin....but now i living is a cold place new jersey ..so im training in the pool..when i came to usa i stayed out of the water for 10 years -and then stared practicing again this-- im doing 70 meter apnea dinamic no fins..i think is good .for starting after all.

Saludos

Daniel..

hi

He He you shoulda stayed in Cuba and kept up with your spearfishing more fun whatcha reckon.

70m is pretty good I think you must have good technique

cheers

that's that im planing

Hi Ivan ..That's what im planing -to go back to cuba to do spearfishing-using all the technique I learned from all my freedivers friends-good ones.

People ask me if i belong to a team but im not...there is no team where i live-nj-and the people doesn't know to much about free diving..just scuba diving.

Im working now on my unassited-using the breastroke the kick they use for that -trying to put the best pocition of my bodyi can for swiming-and combining this with the dolphin kick ....
Try that out --you -is very fony --you going to see that with only a few strokes you reach the other side of the pool......It takes me 4 or 5 strokes to get the 25 meters....

Daniel- where in NJ are you? We have a group that dives at Dutch Springs in Bethlehem, PA. At most it would be a two hour drive for you. A few of the guys live in NJ also. We dive every weekend and the place we dive in is lots of fun.
Jim

What he said

Daniel,

I just want to echo what Jim said. We dive together all the time. Two of the guys in the group (Volodya and I) like doing unassisted dynamics too. I agree with your observation that it only takes a few strokes to get across the pool if you have a good glide.

It just so happens that the Philadelphia area is kind of a little-known "hot-spot" for freediving in the U.S.

At any rate, the water is just getting decently warm. It was about 10-11 C yesterday. Not Cuba, but tolerable in a 3mm wetsuit if you stay above 10M. The lake goes down to about 31M at the deepest spots, but when you get below 10m you need to be using a 5mm open-cell suit.

thank you

Thank you Jim and Pezman....I have a friend that do scuba diving over there---I would like to go there one day..this summer..
Where the two guys from nj lives ?---i live in front of manhattan...by the hudson river.

Blessing
Daniel.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT