• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Karmic consensus

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Should we see who pushes that button ?

• No , leave well enough alone

Votes: 13 31.0%
  • Yes , I want to know

Votes: 15 35.7%
  • All the same to me

Votes: 7 16.7%
  • What is this karma business ?

Votes: 7 16.7%

• Total voters
Bat ray there is no colours to choose from.. just if you approve or dissapprove... and yes it worked you gave me carma..thanks man.:eek:
I'll dump some to you too.. and youll get one blue square more..

It's not totally necessary for me to know who gave me karma,
but I like to know just the same. :)

By the way thanks Pekka- hope things are going better.

This time tomorrow finals will be over... and I will be free... and watching a movie. :D :D

Reactions: bdurrett
Sign the karma....Or Not!

Ai-Yi-Yi !
Just noticed someone gave me negative Karma for a post in April!
Didn't think I'd been here long enough to rack up any negative comments! -
-- and unsigned, too! :martial
I agree, Amphibious, if someone didn't like a post, or has issues, it is at least helpful to know why...

--Actually, after being here a bit longer,
I understand why I may have earned the Negatives.

It's never too late to adjust my attitude... :eek:

Last edited:
Karma, good or bad, can only be constructive if the recipient knows why it was given. As for who the giver is, I don't think that's necessarily all that important, although giving bad Karma anonymously blows the credibility of the givers opinion right out of the water.

It runs along the lines of the old, "If you can't say it to my face, then I don't care what you have to say, it's irrelevent," thing.

Last edited:
I wanna know

I would really like to know who sends karma my way. Most of the karma I have received has been unsigned. I wanna know who is sending it my way; good or bad. I always sign my karma because I got nothing to hide. If I liked what was said then I'll let you know and sign the karma. So far I have not slung any negative karma towards anyone. I have posted disagreements or differences of opinion, but if I really want to get a point across without the whole DB community knowing what is being said, I will PM. Either way, I don't hide behind false names, unsigned karma, or anything of the like. I got nothing to hide. Maybe there could be an anonymous feature instead of making all karma signed. That way, if you aren't trying to hide your identity then karma sent will be automatically signed. If you wish to remain anonymous then there would be a function to allow this. I'm not a computer wiz so I don't know if this is cost effective, gotta remember that this is a free forum, but it was just a thought.

Brad

I almost always sign it and give a small comment. I think this is the nicest way to do it.

Greets, joe (just back from holidays, about to go on another trip, hehe):D

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT