• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Kick Technique?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

hypoxiajunkie

May 14, 2004
I can't kick worth spit.
I have scoliosis.
I never learned how to kick properly.

Is a dolphin kick better than a frog kick? What is the best kick for underwater swimming without fins?

I have been trying to figure out how to frog kick - it seems almost impossible (I have a bad knee as well as scoliosis and no rhythm).

My arm technique is really good.

But my kick sucks.

Any links, hints, suggestions are appreciated!

Kick the frog

For underwaterswimming(dynamic) without fins, frogkicking is definately the way to go.
Compared to ordinary surface breast stroke you should be using your palms to pull you through the water ALL THE WAY from the maximum forward stretched position untill you have moved your arms/hands almost 180*.
Then sneak your hands close to your body to the forward stretched postion. Do this phase as hydrodynamically as jo can to reduce drag.
How you time the frog kick with the arm/handmovement is a bit individual. Not quite sure what I do.
A big difference from surface breast stroke is that you should add a GLIDING phase in which you - GLIDE :O) I use a lightly articulated ondulating "dolphin" movement in this phase.

Anyway - this is how I do it,...works for me :)
Not sure about what finesses the constant weight (w/o fins) divers utilize.

If you are interessted in swimming technique, I strongly recommend the following site www.totalimmersion.net

Pål
PS by the way my breast strocke kicking has a tick I cant get rid off; I sort off quasi scissor kick. This impeedes my effiecency,....but its just hell to get rid off :waterwork

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT