• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Kk' 03 News Flash!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Thanks for the update MIA :).

For those of ya'll with meager bandwidth....here's the photo in .jpeg format.

Good work guys (Anderson?? :naughty:D)......Aquilles, I need you to bust out your 'A' game.

Ted

Last edited:
How come trigger fish counts ??

The rest looks yummy.........What a great time boys...keep the update coming MIA - thanks, but smaller 150k photo please....:D :D

Come on Aquiles, I have money on you.....:eek: :eek:

Kk '03 Newsflash

Thanks for the Kk'03 update, guys! I've been wondering how it is going for the Team....
C'mon, Sven! I know you can take the cup!

--Have a great time, fellas :)

That is a nice mess of fish. I was near you guys in the keys on Saturday and I was going to stop by and say hello but after the day that I had I figured it would be safer to just go home. After doing a little shore spearfishing dive without a wet suit (brrrrrr) my friend my friend asked to borrow my second gun and I told yeah what ever, use it. We were diving near Bahia Honda. I came a hair away from having a spear stuck in my chest since my friend's gun self-fired. At around Islamorada I remembered about my gun and asked him about it and he told me that he didn't know. As we were going back, my friend fell asleep behind the wheel and we almost drove off a bridge so I drove for the rest of the trip. We went all the way back and I dove for close to two hours looking for it. I banged up my right leg pretty bad on a rock and I think that if I open the wound up a little with my hands I can see the bone. After giving up, on my way back to Miami I got pulled over for doing 51 in a 35 mph zone so I got a ticket for that and my friend had a brake light that wasn't working on his truck so I got another ticket for that since I was driving. All of this mind you while bleeding like a stuck pig out of the slash on my leg. We made it back to my house alive and he took off in his car after unloading my gear. He scratched the sh!t out of his new truck later that night while going through a car wash. A very nice way to celebrate my birthday; don't you think? So you see I would have stopped by and hi but I was kind of worried that I wouldn't make it home alive if I took any longer. I will most likely attend next year though. Good luck and I hope you guys are having a lot of fun. A nice way

Jimmy

Last edited:
Just to keep you guys jealous!!!

These are the weather conditions the guys are facing! If you look closely you could almost see a wave and a cloud...well maybe not.

Sorry here is the pic

Attachments

• tiara.jpg
    tiara.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 520
just to clear up some confusion, I shot 6 fish in that pic. the 3 grouper, 2 mutton snapper and a mangrove. everyone has been doing great down here, so don't think i've been running up numbers. :naughty the kup is still up for grabs, but from the look of things, it's too close to call right now. :hmm we're all just having a blast with the weather and the company.

i'm back in lauderdale right now. Sven, Jay and Aquiles are still out on the water. They'll be coming home tomorrow. Stay tuned! :t

Anderson

Thanks for the update andrsn , lovely stuff .

Great fish Jay ...ermm ; what is it ? :eek:

Rig , glad to see you followed my advice about stuffing weights down your fish's throat , but that anvil is a bit conspicuous ...;)

that fish definately was a glutton! He had several large jacks in his tummy and a tail coming out of his throat! Despite the eating habits, it was still 5# smaller than Andrsn's...but 10# smaller once they were all gutted:D

Jays fish is a mutton snapper...definately a prize. I wont tell you how Jay stole him from under my nose, but Im sure he will:t

A GOOD TIME WAS HAD BY ALL....

Well after a 14hr road trip I'm finally back home. First I'd like to say that I just spent a week w/ some really great people from DB. They were all top quality freedivers and spearos and I'd dive w/ them anywhere. We were blessed w/ great weather and a good supply of fish. They guys racked up on the AJ's but unfortunately we really never got to do any true BW hunting. There were alot of first's and PB's during the week. We hunted everything from inshore patch reefs to a wreck in 115'. We shared tech. on hunting,diving and rigging, truely by the end it felt like we were a big family.
Thanks to everyone that voted for me. A little slow out of the gate but I finished up w/ a couple of decent fish so I got to bring the Kup home w/ me. I noticed there's a ding in it, know anything about that Sven?;) .
You all missed a good time and a chance to meet some really high quality people. Thanks again to Andy and Aquiles for doing the leg work to make this happen. I had a great time:D .
As for the snappa' ,Rig. I left it right behind the boat for you, not my fault you were never any good at Easter egg hunts.rofl
Just as a side note I did use the Riffe, nice shootin but too heavy for freediving IMHO. I did shoot the grouper w/ it and the snapper w/ my euro.
Jay

Kk'03 results...

-- Congrats, Jay!
I'd love to hear some stories and recaps.....Let the whining begin! :)

Well done Jay , sounds as though you all had a great time .
Hope you guys will share some stories with us . :cool:

Congrats Jay, I did say you will be a second champ....:eek: :D , at least. Also to everyone, good gathering you guys had. Keep it up. Next few years or so maybe have it in my country at my sweet spots...wha ha ha.

Have a good rest everyone and stories are meant to be told and shared.....we are waiting....:p :p

Good job Jay. Maybe next year you can invite those guys over to the Hatteras. Happy Easter and God Bless.

vive le king o' the kup!!

Yep, just as I figured...:hmm, Sandbaggin' Jay Styron just kept on plugging away and it did him right when on the last two days of the trip he slammed the swimstep with some marine protein. A Mutton snapper and a Black grouper that seriously strained the biceps filled the majority of the cooler at the end of the laugh-filled week.

Some of the highlights are just surfacing in my mucous-laden noggin, but a few are: Mike "Cartman's" telling the Manta ray who was boss, getting Aaron into something other than a Speedo and seeing him pop his first Amberjack, experiencing a little Cuban flava with the Mas clan, watching true smoothness at work with Jay, and wondering if the Pastey Spearo would brown out.

Gotta bail and get some more antibiotics. A more complete rundown is in the offing. Nice going again, Jay! And hey, the ding in the Kup is nothing to the spanking you gave us!

sven
Flybynite Jewfish removal and Grouper extraction Services, Inc.

Last edited:
...and no $H** there we were..

Wow what a good time. I think that I gained five pounds with all the food that we ate. I was sorry the fun was over but, the king of the Kraze was established for 2003 and the fun is in the works for kk 04. All I can say is that the weather was great and the company was better. I had a hell of a time boys. We will make it better next year. :) And best of all.,,, we will have to pass the dented chalice to the new king of KK 04.

Later \

Aquuilles

Reactions: rigdvr
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT