• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Leaderfins? Improved?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Does anyone have any news on this?
Is the fibre-glas quality still bad?
Are the carbon fibre fins better?

Using medium fiberglass for a year now, only problem is v-bend. No cracks or whatever :)

Using medium fiberglass for a year now, only problem is v-bend. No cracks or whatever :)

Ok, maybe they just got a bad batch of blades...
I bought a Leaderfins hyper in 2008 and that blade was very good quality.
How big would you say the angle is?

How much would you say you used your medium LeaderFin in that year? About how many hours of actual swimming is that?

Hard to say, but at least 50hrs i think ;)
Forgot to say, that i have blade protection installed, that reduces v-bend slightly :p

I have been using a Sport Medium blade that has not been dry every since I got it (pictured), and it has been already almost a year. I got a medium precisely because of quality concerns about an economic product, seems I was right.

Any recent experience on the quality of LeaderFins monofins? First I understood that the problem was in those monofins where the angle between the footpockets and blade was made by making a bend in the blade. But then I saw pictures with a crack in the leading edge of the fin. The crack was is inline with the direction of travel, not running "horizontally" across the blade, which seems quite weird to me.

I'm really interested in this LF recent quality since I'm really close to order this one: https://www.leaderfins.com/us/monofins-1/monofin-hyper-with-neoprene-socks.html

In this model the angle is made to the footpockets and not to the blade but seems that that's not the issue if/when the blade is going to crack.

I'd really like to have a fiberglass monofin with "hyper" style footpockets but still comfortable. I will use 5mm socks since our open waters are not that warm even in summer time. Still I'm not very eager to pay around 400€ for my first monofin because I can't be 100% sure that the blade stiffness is just right or if the pockets fit nicely and still comfortably. After using the very first one you start to know what really fits your needs and so on..

Good comments recommendations etc?

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT