• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Life Cycle and Spearing Technique of Tuna

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Hi Baur,
Guess what! I will be in Kos tomorrow, Ive sent you a PM
I will be there for a week, but will return in August,

Regards David

Hi Baur,

i am currently awaiting a Seac Sub Asso 115 modified by Maorisub, with 8mm threaded shaft and Devotosub Tuna sliptip.

My buddy is also bringing a selection of Riffe sliptips from the states.

I also have the 19mm bands already tied ready for the Tahtiti.

I am sure one of the two setups will work :D

As Fernando mentioned, a fractionated bouy system is your best bet.

The tuna's heart and muscle fibres are designed for hardcore endurance and are a lot more resistant than AJ. IF you value that tender do not use it as the first bouy. Get a couple of small ones in front to slow the beast down.

I guess its gonna be good this summer. Fernando, you and me all vying for a monster.

First one to catch a tuna over 100 kilos this year buys the beer ;)

Beers??? A whole dinner !!!!

The first one to land a big tuna invites the other to a dinner !!!!It is a minimum !!! In December we will talk about the year.

Shane. Put some photos in an album in pescasub.com. YOurs are very good photo !!! I would like to see more !!! :p :p :p :p

Goodmorning Shane & Fernando

Double 19's ready for action here also :D
I ended up getting a 8mm (7.94) Riffe sharkfin threaded shaft with a riffe slip tip. I am confident that when I choose to pull the trigger the Tahiti will "deliver the goods" with this setup. Received 50m 2mm inox aircraft cable from the States, and bulk bungie from Riffe. Good advice on the bouy preceeding the tender, will have to test and see soon ;)

The dinner/beer bet is on. Bringing war to the tuna..:martial:martial

Last edited:
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT