• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Live! 24 hour freediving record attempt!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Jorg

Sharkbait
Nov 15, 2001
For everybody that doesn't know it yet: in 5,5 hours time Sandi Bitenc from Slovenia is going to attempt to break the current world record of 44 underwater kilometers in 24 hours time.

We are blogging, video streaming, tweeting and video posting this event and you can find all the info you need about this on Shark Freediving

With this event we try to use a lot of things to enhance the experience for the people who are not there, so we need your feedback.

Good luck to Sandi for this really big attempt!

That's pretty huge!

Best of luck Sandi from Pen & I, we'll be thinking of you in a few hours.

Cheers,
Ben

Reactions: apneaboy
just did an interview with Sandi. Going live again in 5 minutes, just before the start.

first hour is done. he did 2500 meters in one hour! and after one hour he took a 2 minute break. next hour will probably be a little less.

streaming video now! Shark Freediving

after 2 hours he's at 4900 meters.

and now he has just done 100 laps underwater. to get a new record he has to do 881 laps. still 781 to go! more on Shark Freediving

seems the servers have a problem. hope to back up again in 5 minutes. just before the 6 hour break.

his toe nails are getting weaker and weaker and the skin on his feet looser and looser...

his toe nails are getting weaker and weaker and the skin on his feet looser and looser...

Boy, the things you don't even think about until it's too late... This is an incredible feat. I hope he makes it.

he is halfway there! 27.600 meters done/552 laps. Estimated end distance 55.200/1104 laps. Wow!

live stream will remain when the battery is cooled.. it won't recharge when it's this hot. ;)
Shark Freediving

This is surrealistic.... i wake up, go see shark-freediving.com.... and all I see is one man next to the pool in a beach chair stretching his arms, sleepy like hell and.... Sandi still swimming.

It would be interesting to see what his maximum DYN would be after a really good rest period. I think he should give it a try. Maybe break his old record by a margin, who knows.

Miha

he’s tired, but also very determined. 38.300 meters after 17 hours. That’s 766 laps underwater. Estimated end distance: 54050 meters / 1081 laps. He will reach the current of 44 kilometers around 13:00 GMT+1 if he continuous like this.

live streaming video on Shark Freediving

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT