• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Live! 24 hour freediving record attempt!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
This week I did another monofin session, swam a total of 2,7KM and though I use plastic in my foot pockets I did developed a blister. Therefore I wonder how your feet looked like in the beginning, the end and the various stages in between. Have you any photo's of your noble feet?

Kars

Hi Kars

My feet actually looked quite good comparing what I was doing. I managed to prevent developing blisters using Xenofit second skin creme. So the problem with the feet was mostly that the fin was prohibiting bloodflow. My feet are still a little bit swolen and with a strange feeling but its getting better by the day.

Ok, Thanks!

For my 3km training the plastic bags are still sufficient, but when I get it into my head to try for your... naaahh 51KM is too much!

Love, Courage and Water!

Kars

Hi

it's been a while but I decided to do some statistics on the record atempt:

Statistics
Total time under water 13:47:35 57,47%
Total time above water 10:12:30 42,53%
Total time in water 22:25:52 93,46%
Total time outside water (hourly breaks) 1:34:13 6,54%
Total time break time without hourly breaks 31.097 s 35,99%
Fastest swim time 30 s lap 1022
Longest swim time 59 s lap 982
Shortest break 15 s lap 212
Longest break 0:11:42 lap 883
Longest break without hourly breaks 0:02:13 lap 946
Average swim time (50 m) 49 s
Average break time 36 s
Average break time without hourly breaks 30 s
Average lap time (with breaks) 0:01:25
Average lap time (without hourly breaks) 0:01:19
Previous record broken in 19:50:47
Number of energy gels eaten 35
Liters of isotonic drinks 17

Reactions: Don Paul
Great stuff! Thanks for sharing.

Planning on breaking it? Or doing a 48 hour version? ;)

haha Jorg :), thanx but no thanx

I just started to get all the thing together. It's about time I guess. So I finished the statistics and thought it might be interesting for somebody.

I could also upload the whole schedule of starts if anybody is interested..

That's great stuff Sandi, thanks!

I hope your feet are back to normal now :D

Interesting to see what and how big the deviations are, and where you could win even more distance. The nearly 60% apnea time is very impressive, as well as the 15s recovery break! Maybe you can also point out how much weight you lost?
What the material setup was? - fin - suit - weights ?

Thanks!

Kars

Hi Benny, Cars

Yes my feet are back to normal again. The partial numbness stayed only for about month and a half...

I lost about 2,5 kg. I started with 74,5kg and ended at about 72kg. Prior to the event I vent from 79kg in February to 76-77kg in May and 74 in June.

I used:
- 3mm shark skin Marea wetsuit
- leaderfins monofin (specialmade)
- a lot of grease on the fin footpockets
- 3 kg of weights on the hips
- 5 kg of weights on the neck (here is how I made them Weighs | Facebook)
- speedo googles (swedish model)

Hi,

Did you notice any difference (physical/mental) in your freediving performances after the record (and after you had somewhat recovered)?

Eric

Hi Eric
Definitely. I couldn't get myself into the pool for a whole year :). No, actually my work took most of the time afterward. It was barely that I found the time to make the record. After I got into the pool again there where no noticeable differences for me.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT