• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

merou guns

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
hello people!
well you have to reconsider about demka!
merou just produces carbon barells and uses demkas accesories to produse guns!

about the triger meck and the handle!
i use it in all my guns! its the second best after the beuchat for heavy loads! i have it on wooden guns and carbon guns!
i use it with double19mm latex slings a friend of mine uses it with 3!!!!!!
how many euro guns do you know that have a line release? demka was one of the first to apply it! the reel is superb though its too bulky!
the muzzle of ami is a simple muzzle
the als muzzle is prety nice (open, double slings etc)
quite expensive though costs 38 euros in greece
als is not that accurate withaout a rail! i cusomised one!
rob allen produces some guns with demka handles and admitted that it works great with the trigger meck. ill try to post some pics

cheers sparky

this is a 110 carbon squid bone shaped gun with demka handle and 2 19mm bands 7mm shaft

Attachments

• post-34-1074846653[1].jpg
    post-34-1074846653[1].jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 404
the carbon gun costs 380 euros
this is the rob allen
about 160 euros

Attachments

• untitled.bmp
    445 KB · Views: 258
I agree with sparky…
Demka mechanism is excellent, as well as reels, shafts and rubber bands.
What means a good speargun? In my opinion is a relatively accurate one (be realistic about shooting distance), strong (no breaking points like plastic pins to secure muzzle, handle and line release) and capable of handling powerful rubber bands (then you can buy the band that best suits your needs). All this found in a Spetton/Demka gun, and I know it because I have a Velos 100 cm, a Ami II 90 cm and an ALS carbon 120 (the one with open muzzle); all three with Demka reels. Well, I have made some custom modification to the ALS to fit my personal preferences…
A very important point to consider is the barrel. No aluminum barrel longer than 100 cm that I have saw so far, will not flex even with regular bands; so if you go for something longer than 100 cm, select thick carbon or good quality laminated wood.
Again, my personal opinion…
Cheers,

Rouspearo.

Oh yes, it is too expensive and you still have to pay for the shipping... Here, in the US now we have a local distributor (who is a very good friend of mine) and the als carbon is offered for less than that, check it out (I'm promoting it ;o) ): www.spetton-usa.com
Regards,

Rouspearo

edit - fixed your link

Last edited by a moderator:
The gun is so expensive because the squid bone shaped barrel is hand made and it is not manifactured by demka but, if I am not mistaken, by a well-known (at least in Greece) Greek spearfisherman. He also makes one piece carbon-fiber guns of various sizes and carbon-fiber fins.

Murat, rouspearo: If you think this gun is expensive, let me inform you that the same guy makes guns that cost up to 1500 euro!! However, I can tell you that you haven't seen anything like these guns...in carbon-fiber that is. Just wicked!!

when i said it was expensive i compared it with other carbon guns in the market not to the multi band Alexander or Wong....Hovewer if we compare C4, it has more expensive components....

Good points guys.
I love my Spetton ALS carbon 120 so I don't really complain about the price, and yes the barrel quality es excellent.
Murat: C4 is a good one but there is a huge discussion about if it worth the cost...
Hey Galadion: I have been in Croatia, close to your country, and that's a beautiful place to dive (despite of the few fishes I saw).
Regards,
Rouspearo

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT