• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Monoroller Question

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Kodama. This matter interested me enough to look for solution. Apparently Ivan Palumbo hs a beautiful fix o the problem, look here:

http://www.nadirspearfishing.com/en...ces/328-roller-up-the-low-trajectory-solution

it is in line with what I thought, look at the drawing made by Ivan

roller-up2.jpg

How is this a solution the shaft is still in the same place. the cutout is to make loading easier when the bridle is tension across the 2 rollers

How is this a solution the shaft is still in the same place. the cutout is to make loading easier when the bridle is tension across the 2 rollers
I am not exactly sure, all I know is what I can see from Ivan’s scetches. My guess is that at the release, rear end of shaft will be first pulled down, because there is no more track to hold it, and then it will compensated by the usual pullup by the wishbone, which is what makes rollers to shoot low in first place. Not very scientific, but it worked for Ivan. I would prefer the change to the release altogether. Sort of stopping the wishbone without upward movement. Or change to the sharkfin shape, so it less affected by the release.

Might as well just make yourself a loading assist with a longer bridle and use that to power the shaft. That way the shaft will be released a bit earlier without any downforce.

And all i can say is that those cutouts are present in commercial guns but just for easier reloading.

So did you get the gun or not? And if yes any review?

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT