• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Montenegro spear fishing

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Both should be good guns - the Cayman is a higher spec. model I believe (I believe Apache < Comanche < Geronimo models - no disrepect to our Native American members) and probably more expensive. If the pictures of the water above are typical, the water there is very clear and 100cm should be fine. And on day/locations were visibility is poorer - use the old 60cm speargun.

My personal preference would be the Cayman - I like Omer stuff. If Cressi is your preference, consider also the Comanche & Geronimo models. I would think the Cayman & Geronimo are at similar product levels (& price). [Omer Excalibur or simpler Caymans are cheaper Omer options, perhaps more comparable to the Apache.]

Mr. X
Thank you for the reply. I will buy Omer Cayman HF 100cm Camo.

I order it (on discount with shipping is about 140e), will try it on pool and write some review.

Reactions: Mr. X
Hey guys. Just wanna join of topic if is still alive that is :)
I also started spearfishing recently and am based in Herceg Novi. Waiting for my Beauchat Marlin Evil Open 110 to arrive!
I have Mares Sniper Pro 100 currently but i am not that satisfied, gun itself is not too bad but the shaft is really poor quality.
Anyway i am looking for diving buddy and few location tips!

@Takeda
Poz. ja sam se odavno odselio iz Novog za VB. Al evo sad upravo krenuo da se ponovo naoruzavam za Englesko more. Ima po novom dosta ljudi siguran sam da mozes da naletis na nekoga da ide u ribu sa tobom.

@mariusshobo
You need a license , boy and to follow the season for whats forbidden, which should be similar to Croatia but i cant find anything specific on it right now.

Reactions: mariusshobo
@mariusshobo
Hey mate,

You have to go register first at a local diving/spearfishing team, they usually have a yearly fee of something between 5-10€.
After that you gotta get yourself a licence to kill fish during the season. These are issued in January or February and cost around 40€. You can get them at local gear store or a diving club. Try Una stores.
From the legal side i think you need a buoy with a flag if you are 50m of the shore, not sure do you need it always.

From the forbidden part, i thin only during the summer grouper, lobster and scorpion fish are forbiden.
I class fish like snapper or bas can't be under 30cm .
Also you are allowed to fish 3kg of small fish per day or one fish over 3kg.
Hope this helps!

@Ognjen
Pozdrav druze, probacu da se raspitam. Imas neki predlog za lokaciju mozda?
Good luck in England!

Reactions: mariusshobo
Cheers :)

Njivice sve do Kobile su ti odlican potez. Mozes da probas da cekas tamo oko Karatoca da pravis ceke. I prema svetioniku na Rosama. Sta znam ima dobrih mjesta samo treba znat kad se pojavit dje.

Reactions: Takeda
@Takenda
Ja sam ljetos ronio na potezu od Njivica (nudisticka plaza) do Kobile. Bilo je solidno ribe iako je bio kraj 7 mjeseca, dosta buke, turista i camaca. Definitivno dobar teren.

Plitko ti je tamo previse, ja bi krenuo od hotela lagano pa prema kobili ako mozes proci. Nemam pojma kakvo je stanje da li imaju neki strazari ali realno tesko da ce ti iko pravit problem sad van sezone. Ako ne tamo onda se spusti na kikindsku kod onog kafica prvog kad sidjes sa njivickog puta pa pici u vodu tu, i uz obalu do hotela pa dalje tamo.

Ako vidis kostoroga nemoj da ih gadjas mozes najebat ako se ubodes. Vidjao sam ih tuda.

This is an English language forum. If you'd like to have a private conversation in the language of your choice (Bosnian?), feel free to use the forum's Conversation feature ;)

This is an English language forum. If you'd like to have a private conversation in the language of your choice (Bosnian?), feel free to use the forum's Conversation feature ;)
I apologize Mr. X, we got caught in the conversation.
Will do!

Reactions: Mr. X
Thank you for your giving us a moment of your time,the water is a great place for us all.thank you for your polite contribution.I observe your keen nature for the spearfishing activity montenegro is on my list of places to go spear fishing ! in years to come.,The hf omer a good gun you could consider putting 2 latex bands on when this suits you.The cressi is good that you have.I hope you find a dive buddy a person to dive with you in a safe area remember your floating surface orange marker buoy with its flag for to signal to others that you be below the water when you spear fish good fishing

Hi guys !

I will be in Montenegro (Bijela) for 2 weeks next August. I practice spearfishing in France and I would like to know if we could hunt together?

Best regards

nice thread. I know it is old, but this was first time I spotted it. Brings a smile, good memories of my first year of spearfishing. I hope everything is well with Outdoor.mne, he hasn't visited since 2018

Hey, I am also from Kotor and I am new at spearfishing, do you know some good places to go near Boka bay and have any advices for a beginner ?
kociste.ispred i iza perasta.drazi vrt.na kraj orahovca od kotora.verige od drazinog vrta do perasta.manastir banja

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT