• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Muzzle 'Band Adapters'

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
I am glad the direct price thing has been brought up as it is slight of hand, but no so more than other companies do today on the net to be fair. What is important to me is highlighting in general these shady marketing practices by businesses to us spearfishing customers. I am thrilled that this was handled so well and even handed by the management of the forum.

Dear Dude George,

I am sorry I did not explain, in better detail, the MAKO direct pricing.

For example, our Freedive Hunter Fins are made by a factory that makes the identical fins for Company X and for MAKO.

They are the exact same fins, made by the exact same factory and sold to two companies, MAKO and Brand X.

Company X sells these same fins through dive shops, while, MAKO sells these same fins on the MAKO website, direct to divers for less.

Dive shops provide a very valuable service and they deserve to profit for their services. They certainly sell a lot more gear than us, but we like our smaller business model and we enjoy what we do.

However, by selling the same product direct to divers, we can sell for less.

There are actually many companies doing this.

So, there is no slight of hands. It is the same product. We just sell it for less because we sell direct.

If you have any more questions, please visit our website:

http://www.makospearguns.com/the-mako-direct-story_a/292.htm

Or, give me a call, Dude George. I would be more than happy to spend some time with you on the phone.

Thanks for taking time to read this.

Dive safe,

dano

Reactions: Mr. X
Stephan requests no more posts about this, brown noser Mako immediately agrees..
Very well stated, Stephan. Thank you.
dive safe,
dano
.. and contradicts himself again by continuing to saturate the forum with his direct pricing campaign. Aren't you tired of listening to it? I know I am.

Why is Mako the only one in the industry that feels the necessity to state this over and over and over again? shouldn't products and prices stand on their own merit? There is a good reason for it. Simply google "mako spearguns" to find out why.

Guys - final warning on this. Refrain from continuing this conversation here otherwise I will lock the thread. As I have said before it does not add to the conversations on the forums and I have already had a number of complaints from various forum members.

Reactions: poildeq
I am aghast and shocked when a company who is in business (i.e he has 2 b profitable) decides in a fit of altruism that he or she will b the charitable knight in polished armour and save everyone money. I say poopy squirt, u r not the mother Theresa of our hobby just b urself n accept that u r in it 4 the money. I deal with Josh at neptonics not bcuz he is the cheapest but bcuz he is forthright helpful and above all honest. Of course he has to make money he needs to make a profit he needs to stay in business 2 help us. So all u discounters and projection of money saving image it will be a long while before I give up good service for discounts. There seems to be this universal belief that if it's cheaper it has 2 b good, this reasoning has sprouted dollar stores, when a company projects an image of a price crusading venture. I for 1 get nervous discounting cost him money, why should he be so kind to my purchase. So I lean towards businesses that emphasise courtesy accessibility support rather than outright mother Theresasyndromme it's all abou saving money

Last edited:
Reactions: Speardiver1
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT