• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Nemrod Comando Speargun Parts

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
popgun pete,

I have no idea how old you are; in 1967 things must have been different. However, if you were to go to the local library and view the advertisements by Nemrod in Skin Diver Magazine, your perspective may change.

My father and I bought the spear gun based upon advertisement, not impulse in a dive shop. We did not buy the "commando", as commandos are not trained to kill fish. The "Commando" was 30cm in length at that time. We bought the 60cm Fusil; nowhere does it say "Comando" anywhere, ever, since 1967. No sticker; no decal. Go figure!

Thank you for your perspective. Maybe I helped the guy with the piston ring problem, maybe not.

I am gone. Publish as you wish.

tensor

popgun pete,

I have no idea how old you are; in 1967 things must have been different. However, if you were to go to the local library and view the advertisements by Nemrod in Skin Diver Magazine, your perspective may change.

My father and I bought the spear gun based upon advertisement, not impulse in a dive shop. We did not buy the "commando", as commandos are not trained to kill fish. The "Commando" was 30cm in length at that time. We bought the 60cm Fusil; nowhere does it say "Comando" anywhere, ever, since 1967. No sticker; no decal. Go figure!

Thank you for your perspective. Maybe I helped the guy with the piston ring problem, maybe not.

I am gone. Publish as you wish.

tensor

Others may be interested even if you are not, see attached photo of new gun and the shipping box.

Attachments

• Comando new in box.png
    Comando new in box.png
    251.2 KB · Views: 341
I wish my comando's looked that good. I'd forgotten about all the little attachment gadgets that came with it. pump holder, spear tip & shaft holder, cork float and barrel plug.
Does it work has good as it looks, if so how would you like to sell that beauty?

I wish my comando's looked that good. I'd forgotten about all the little attachment gadgets that came with it. pump holder, spear tip & shaft holder, cork float and barrel plug.
Does it work has good as it looks, if so how would you like to sell that beauty?

It is not my gun, that "Comando" was sold about seven years ago, the photo was taken in 2004 by someone else. I still have the various attachments, but my loader floated away one day without me noticing thanks to that cork float.

I just thought I would ask, you never know when you might run across one of these old timers. I've always attached my loader to the spear cord with a slip knot so it slides up and down the cord. I'm really not sure if I ever had the cork, its been to long ago to remember.

Have a Great Easter

Ken

I wish you the same. How long did the "Comando" name stickers on your guns last? Mine started to curl at the edges only after a few dives and as it would not re-attach back on the barrel tube I peeled it off. The stickers on modern pneumatic guns are intended to stay on the gun as they are made differently and cover a wider area with large clear sections. The Nemrod stickers, clearly visible in the new gun photo above, were not much better than price stickers in terms of staying attached.

I really don't recall how long the stickers lasted, at this point even a lot of the blue color is gone and now aluminum silver shows. My guns have seen many dives and have taken many fish during their extended lifetime thanks to many rebuilds. I really like the mid handle on these guns. I thought was going to finally have to buy a new gun this winter but was very lucky in finding piston seals once again. So for now I have them operational again. Who knows they actually may out last me this time. I also was able to get my Clippers sealed and working also. So for now I'm set and just waiting on the water to warm up a bit and I'll be ready to go.

Regards

To: Okieman1, Popgun Pete & Tensor

Thank you all for such an interesting read. I had done a Goggle search on Nemrod / Galeon speargun because as just by per chance I was able to buy this gun from someone retireing from spearfishing and your Wild Blue conversation came up.
I am very impressed with my Galeon and have taken several fish already with. Now I'm on the look out for another Nemrod gun to add to my arsenal. I wish we had a source here in the U.S. for them.
Anyway, thanks for the info.

The "Galeon" and "Comando" use similar pistons and muzzles, in fact they are probably the same items. Ditto for the rear end cap except that one was black plastic and the other was yellow plastic. The "Silver" series guns were closely followed by the "Galeon" range, so the carry over of some parts is not surprising. The simpler "Clipper" range were next with a one-piece handle and centre grip moulding that did the same job as the "Galeon" guns, but must have been less expensive to make (due to fewer large parts). The "Clipper" idea was carried over to the later "Mariner" range with a variable power lever in the mid-handle and a complete revamp of the internals. The "Mariner" is a heavy and bulky gun with its 50 mm (!!) outer diameter rear tank. I know that the "Clipper" range was around for a very long time and had a few cosmetic colour changes during its production run and eventually received a new contoured finger grip handle with a line drop release in the trigger finger guard which had appeared some time earlier. Nemrod guns are long out of production, so short of an unused gun sitting forgotten in a storeroom or a speargun collection somewhere anything available will be secondhand. Unless the market cries out for a new mid-handle pneumatic speargun I cannot really see them being produced in large numbers again.

The sticker on the gun said "Comando" and that is how it is spelled in the Nemrod adverts, along with the names of the other three longer models in the "Silver" series. I bought one of the first ones out here as they came in to replace the previous model, which I had actually ordered, but the "Comando" turned up instead. I was not complaining as the new gun seemed to be a big improvement.

Attached is a photo of my old piston in pieces and a new "old" one I picked up about a year ago. Note the later piston has a stainless steel nose. The rear seal on the old piston went soft and "smeared", the front seal chipped some of the ribs off. The inner one sat in oil, but the outer one may have had less lubrication as it did not go soft and developed cracks instead.

I need that where do you get it?

Welcome to DB. As Popgun said many Nemrod spares were dis guarded when dive shops changed hands or cleared old stock many years ago. They are great to look at on the wall unless you have a good lathe and a engineering background.
The piston and sear tooth have to be perfect to be safe, I have to machine my own bits for my vintage guns if I want to shoot them from time to time.
I would see if there are old dive shops in your area that would dig around in the back workshop.

Cheers, Don Paul

From a local dive shop that was closing for good, it and a lot of other old stuff was heading for the trash. I had the advantage of knowing what it was. As Don says you need to look around, but there are no guarantees of finding anything, you just need a bit of luck.

I saw one of these on ebay a week or so ago. I was sorely tempted but it ended up going for way too much. I was able to replace most of the O rings in my old Torpedero with a generic bag of O rings I bought at the hardware store - but as for the metal parts you'd need access to a machine shop (which I have, oddly enough). That said I let the commando go - even though it was way cool lookin'. :)

By the way - if you are looking for a cool looking speargun - these come very highly recommended by my friend Roland

http://www.kayuk.ru

I've seen one in action. If you have the patience to browse the site - you'll find diagrams of the trigger mechanism - which I think is extremely cool and durable looking.

http://www.kayuk.ru/using_sborka.php

Found it :)

Last edited:
I saw one of these on ebay a week or so ago. I was sorely tempted but it ended up going for way too much. I was able to replace most of the O rings in my old Torpedero with a generic bag of O rings I bought at the hardware store - but as for the metal parts you'd need access to a machine shop (which I have, oddly enough). That said I let the commando go - even though it was way cool lookin'. :)

You think you have O-ring maintenance...:) these are some of the Nem's.

Cheers, Don

Attachments

• Early Nemrods.jpg
    Early Nemrods.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 314
That is a stunning collection.
As you probably know, my torpedero is long gone.
Also, it shot like crap!

That is a stunning collection.
As you probably know, my torpedero is long gone.
Also, it shot like crap!

I may have to save a Comando for you if I have twins, but you have to be my buddy when I ice dive some day.

Cheers, Don

Oh yeah
Im also looking for a pump/air injector for the gun as well would anybody know where to get one or is selling one?

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT