• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

new member from London!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Not really because of the man hours involved they would be very expensive.
Teak, Derlin enclosed tracks, sharkfin spears, epoxy & paint + 40 hours labour = £££££s
Most of my guns live in my shed as I tend to use my mamba airgun. (pictured in my avatar)

Ohh I see so its like a hobby. I would actually love to make one my self. But life in London doesn't leave no time some times even for sleep. So most of the time you use your air gun right?

I saw the picture but I could not find the signature link to find out more, it looks like one of them next level guns =)

You can spearfish in the Thames???? I thought it was for walking traffic only! rofl
All freshwater spearing is banned in the UK.* Probably something to do with the aristocracy owning all the fishing rights & having control of the House of Lords (& Commons!) in the past.

However, I did come across a interesting "fact" in the Dangerous Book For Boys, only a rod licence is required to fish between (I think it said) Walton Bridge &, maybe, London Bridge. I quoted "fact" because the book is dangerous in that it discusses hunting rabbit with a home made bow & arrow -- bow hunting is banned in the UK (how did that happen?! ).

*I seem to recall a loop hole: you may be able to spear fish in freshwater with the Queen's permission:) [Exact text of the laws is posted on several other threads]

Interesting article about the air guns, I wish one day I might try one of them maybe it will make big difference in my opinion on air guns.

Yeahh the laws are funny in the UK, once I remember when I decided to do fishing what pain it caused, first was I bought nice road, then found places through the directory, call them up I was told “no mate you need permit” I went to the post office paid in completed the form got my stupid permit. The night before I went to the fishing shop bought maggots. Next morning when to the lacks. I was told fishing hooks must be without the tip on it, no maggots only plastic ones, sh$t, so that was my last attempt. I think you can only shoot pigeons on the fields.

Welcome to DB Artur!

There are a few freediving clubs in London, have a look on www.britishfreediving.org for a list.

Cheers,
Ben

ps. they say that the Thames is one of the cleanest rivers around! I try not to be skeptical though ;)

Hi Artur

If you fancy freediving as well as spearfishing then check out Saltfree - www.saltfreedivers.com

We train about 2 hours from London but have lots of members who come from there (and might give you a lift)

And I speak a bit of Russian and could do with some practice!

Sam

Reactions: foxfish
Hi Artur

If you fancy freediving as well as spearfishing then check out Saltfree - www.saltfreedivers.com

We train about 2 hours from London but have lots of members who come from there (and might give you a lift)

And I speak a bit of Russian and could do with some practice!

Sam

Thank you for your information! I would love to do this course in free diving apparently I cant afford at the moment to pay £250, so where from did you learn some Russian?

spasibo!

Hi artur big welcome to deeper blue im living in london my self me and couple friends spearing in dorset i speak little russian im polish my self ,im living in neasden nw if you wont meat up pm me and if i heave space in car you wellcome.
Take care.

Hi artur big welcome to deeper blue im living in london my self me and couple friends spearing in dorset i speak little russian im polish my self ,im living in neasden nw if you wont meat up pm me and if i heave space in car you wellcome.
Take care.

hello, thank you very much, yes I would gladly meet you, I live not that far away! North finchley n12 =) previously I used to live very close to neasden between kilburne and cricklewood .

I did an MA in Russian at St Andrews university - and spent a few months in St Petersburg as part of the course.... but it was a long time ago so I am very rusty!

I did an MA in Russian at St Andrews university - and spent a few months in St Petersburg as part of the course.... but it was a long time ago so I am very rusty!

I understand interesting! so is this typical price for the freedivng course? or there might be other solutions?

thanks

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT