• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

new project: 105 mid handle

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
You got a sharp eye foxfish,yes its a late sixties E-type.Unfortunately not mine,but Ive tried it.:D

And its done! now its just to get it wet and balance it,I suspect it to fairly positive,but thats alot easier to adjust than too heavy.

Attachments

• 026.jpg
    026.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 248
  • 028.jpg
    028.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 247
  • 030.jpg
    030.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 243
  • 035.jpg
    035.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 250
  • 031.jpg
    031.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 245
I think you are right, the gun will need quite a bit of lead.
If that turns out to be the case where are you going to put it?

Ive yet to try it in the water,but I think that with a 6,75mm 130 cm spear (at the moment its rigged with a 120 6mm spear) it will hopefully be enugh to put the ballast in the rear end of the stock,I was going to use a router and then pour melted lead in,then seal off with a suitable piece of wood.

I took it to the local lake yesterday evening,just to try out the boyancy and the general feel in the water.Suprisingly enugh it was actually just about negative,sinking very slow,with butt end first. The triggermech must be quite heavy.Its going to be inntresting to se how it behaves in saltwater,it will probably be slightly positive. Perfect!

@sjurba awesome job nice pics and nice work, job well done. What types of woods can be used to built a speargun? 10++++++++++++++++

I need some plans to build my first spear gun. I tried to find something on net but unsuccessful. If anyone have something please share. Thanks

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT