• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

New WR in STATIC !!!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Oh my god, think he's in great shape. 9:04 never thought he's going for static records for his whole live, he always says he doesn't like static training.
I think that is one of his best records he have ever done, I think nobody thought he's really going for this one...

congrats Herbert!:mad:

RESPECT Herbert!

Contractions at 6.38 and keeping going on for another 2 min plus...

i wish we'd get to know some bits of the training regimen he's up to now.

serge

Easy Phase :6'28'' Struggle Phase: 2'36'' Total:9'04''

Congrat Herbert... I think,he can do much more...Because Martin Stepaek's Struggle Phase is 4 minutes...

Congratulations Herbert!! :)
Two WRs so close.. Respect!

I'm wondering if there could be a nice fight between Herbert and Tom for the STA WRs. I mean, it can be a good inspiration for both excellent freedivers! It would be very interesting.

Jee

Jee said:
Congratulations Herbert!! :)
Two WRs so close.. Respect!

I'm wondering if there could be a nice fight between Herbert and Tom for the STA WRs. I mean, it can be a good inspiration for both excellent freedivers! It would be very interesting.

Jee
True. It would also be good if we have a healthy motivated Sam Still.

Congratulations Herbert, amazing result!!

Any info about William Winram attempt?

rogam44 said:
Congratulations Herbert, amazing result!!

Any info about William Winram attempt?
A cameraman cut the rope by mistake and ended it before it began - it might be on the long Egypt 2006 thread.

Herbet is unstoppable! Congratulations!

It's great to see his name on the record books in Static at last after all those near misses and record attempts in years past. I remember him doing 8'11" or was it 8'13" right in front of me in 2001 in Ibiza. And he broke Eric Fattah's cw wr then, too.

Is there anyone as versatile with World Records as Herbert? I think Martin is very close, but not so much with Static anymore.

Awesome performances!
Time has come to touch 10+ minutes bairer in aquatic life,
who is gonna do it we will see soon! :friday

Congratulations Herbert!

It is interesting to see that there is a big difference in when the struggle phase starts. Some people who are good at static fight through 4min or more of contractions, while others are relaxed for most of it.

Lucia

naiad said:
It is interesting to see that there is a big difference in when the struggle phase starts. Some people who are good at static fight through 4min or more of contractions, while others are relaxed for most of it.
Yes...... I get my first contraction at 2:20-2:40 but manage to do a 5+min static.
A friend with who I train gets first contraction at about 3:30 but cannot do more than 4:40.I haven't had a blackout or a samba during static and every time I surface it's because contractions get too strong.Is there some training that will postpone my first contraction?

C0₂-Tables should™ do the trick.
If I understood correctly, contractions are part of the breathing reflex, which in turn is triggered by a raised CO₂-level. So training Your body to tolerate higher CO₂-levels without triggering the breathing reflex should prolong the nice-n-easy-phase. :)

Please correct me if I'm wrong

Well Done Herbert! :friday

An great achievement from a great freediver!

Keep it up!

Said

sanso said:
C0₂-Tables should™ do the trick.
If I understood correctly, contractions are part of the breathing reflex, which in turn is triggered by a raised CO₂-level. So training Your body to tolerate higher CO₂-levels without triggering the breathing reflex should prolong the nice-n-easy-phase. :)

Please correct me if I'm wrong

I know 'bout that and i've done some Co2 tables...in DYN....and contractions start at pretty much the same distance ......

Marcus, Herbert's coach told me that he was determined to get the record the next day, no matter how long it took, Turns out it was about 5 hours :confused:

Can you imagine trying to warm up and do a max static, then keep trying for 4 or 5 hours?????

Respect mate, well done!

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT