• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

New WR in STATIC !!!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
is there any information about Herberts constant weight record (111m)?

Congrats Herbert, incredible - especially the static...

BennyB said:
Marcus, Herbert's coach told me that he was determined to get the record the next day, no matter how long it took, Turns out it was about 5 hours :confused:

Can you imagine trying to warm up and do a max static, then keep trying for 4 or 5 hours?????

Respect mate, well done!
What?
Did he really tried for 5 hours?
How many statics did he make?
Is that determination or what !?!

Yes but training is different from attempting a WR with all the relevant officials.

Static is all about relaxing, and its often the case that in training, you can do a far better time with only your buddy watching, rather than with the pressure to perform.

penguinator said:
Yes but training is different from attempting a WR with all the relevant officials.
That's certainly true. On the other hand having 5 hours with two international judges in the pool to do your record, like it was in this case, is also not something too common, and comparable to the stress at competitions, or usual record attempts. That told, I still value very highly the performance, definitely believe that Herbert deserves the record, and sincerely congratulate him. Nice seeing someone attacking Tom's records :)

BTW, there are rumors Tom actually very intentionally let disqualified himself at his last 9:30+ record (by letting him touch by celebrating colleagues). Not sure if is is true at all, but it was told that he plans the breaking of new records and their sponsoring rather carefully, and will not do a new record if there is no good reason for it. I hope now he has a good one :)

In Vancouver, I was Tom's spotter for the 9:24 static. He wore sunglasses and no nose clip and at around the 7 minute mark did touch a teammate. I think his motivation was to show that his rumoured 9 minute statics were not a rumour after all and also to relieve the pressure on the spot and raise interest for his official attempt.

Sounds like both Tom and Herbert have found an excellent way to train because they are driven to try everything. After all, Herbert's been at this for years and even when he wasn't setting records for a while, he still didn't give up.

Should be interesting to see Tom's response. :) I would expect him to break Herbert's mark fairly soon and fairly easily. You don't want to know how many statics Tom has done in the 9-10 minute range... :duh

ha, tricked some people by announcing many records and doing the least expected one.
... even fouled myself

thanx a lot for all your support!

Herbert said:
ha, tricked some people by announcing many records and doing the least expected one.
... even fouled myself

thanx a lot for all your support!

HA´HA

Well you did do a new WR, but when will you do it again...
thanx for the laugh and have a great X-mass holiday, fly safe and good luck with the future freediving goals you have set for 2007.
I hope that it will be at least as good as 2006 was.

:friday
Daniel

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT