• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

New Year's Day 2005

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Jon

Dairyland diver
Supporter
Apr 7, 2001
Well it's a couple of weeks old, but I just got my photo status updated so that I can post again. :)

Here's a few shots from my New Year's day dive. There were originally going to be a bunch of divers, both free and scuba, who were going to join me, but the all wussed out at the last minute. Since I was going solo I only dove for an hour, but still got to see a lot of fish, and birds, during that time.

Since the warm water outlet is open all winter, it attracts quite a bit of wild life. I guess that there would have to be close to 500 birds around there, plus all of the musky, carp, crappie, buffolo, blugills, and other fish swimming by in the water. There was even a bald eagle flying circles above me, before he dove in and snagged a muskrat, but I was so enthraled witht he fish that I never even noticed him.

Jon

Last edited:
I had also tried to get out on Lake Michigan the day after Christmas, but the waves turned out to be a little bit too rough. My father-in-law had a charter planned for the next day out to one of the shipwrecks, but we had to cancel because of the weather.

The ice only covered the harbour, but once you broke through the rest of the lake was wide open- and bouncy!

Here's a shot of the shoreline from about a mile out.

Jon

Last edited:
Nice shots Jon, makes me shiver!
Did you take the surface shots of the birds after or before wetting the camera? Whenever I take surface shots while diving I get these large drops of water that mess up the picture. If I try to wipe them with my hand I just spread them around more.

Adrian

After,

But I did take off the dome port and waited a bit before I took the shots- plus I deleted all of the shots with water droplets on them. ;)

Jon

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT