• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

New Years, New Contest!!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

icarus pacific

Human-in-training
Nov 7, 2001
Seeing as how it's a New Year, let's try a new Contest.

This month shows a little list that I find myself using more often as the deep drops take their toll on my memory. (Where was I...? Oh yeah :confused: ) While the list is much shorter than I, :naughty it's pretty complete for a day out here off the rocks in the kelp. But...

YOU add item #13.

The item you insist on bringing along need be humorous and diving related. Well sorta diving related. You'll not believe some of the gear I've seen in gear bags. :chatup

Impress the DB judges and I and you'll roll in a DB T shirt sure to let those in the know, know. Or at your whim, sip long from a DB coffee mug. Is this gonna be a New Year or what?! :friday

STUFF I GOTTA REMEMBER

1. WETSUIT
2. MASK & SNORKEL
3. GLOVES
4. WEIGHTBELT
5. FINS and KEEPERS
6. FLOAT and STRINGER
7. SPEARGUN, ABALONE IRON and GAUGE
8. CAMERA
9. TOWEL
10. WATER
11. BACKPACK
12. FISHING LICENSE

13. ____________________________________________

And may you all never leave a piece of gear back at the house! :head

Last edited:
Reactions: oferdegi
I once found a large (like 25pack) box of Condoms in a student's dive bag.

was an all-male 3 day live aboard dive trip....

Here in the BC interior my dive bag always has:

#13: Rifle, .450 mag, & Extra shells. you'd be surprised the critters you bump into on the walk back to the truck after a long drift in salmon river.....

Last edited:
Spray on Spit

It always amazes me that people buy spray on antifog ( Pigmy spit in a bottle) when your mouth makes it for free.

Crusty

My pack of ciggs stowed in a ziplock bag! :)

Nothing better than a smoke after a 60' freedive! :t

Well this is an easy one!!!!

I, like most men who swim in warm waters, end the dive and upon exiting the water, have swimmer's wood. That's why I always carry in my dive bag an, "Inflata-Ho" system for whenever the urge arises. She/it is multifunctunal and has saved me many times. How you ask??? Because she/it doubles as a life saving raft in emergency situations.

Inflata-Ho has saved me many times when I deemed the moment, "To be an emergency"! ;)

Jim

Attachments

• Inflatable 1.jpg
    Inflatable 1.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 253
One role of ass-wipe (toilet paper). Many of the places I go spearfishing are remote, and even if there is an outhouse there's usually no friggin' ass-wipe :rcard

Peace,
Erik Y.

icarus pacific said:
STUFF I GOTTA REMEMBER

1. WETSUIT
2. MASK & SNORKEL
3. GLOVES
4. WEIGHTBELT
5. FINS and KEEPERS
6. FLOAT and STRINGER
7. SPEARGUN, ABALONE IRON and GAUGE
8. CAMERA
9. TOWEL
10. WATER
11. BACKPACK
12. FISHING LICENSE

13. ____________________________________________

And may you all never leave a piece of gear back at the house! :head
You forgot the lube!! :head :head

13. Purse

(oops, I see now that I'm suppose to complete the list with something I need to bring along - I'll be back)

PS. I'm very pleased that Stephan chose to remove the neg karma option ;).

Last edited:
whether I go to spearing with boat or not, never leave my handheld GPS receiver behind me..Like to discover new spots..

Attachments

• pt-etrex.jpg
    pt-etrex.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 353
"1 or 2 whole, store bought frozen fish (shhhh - the wife thinks I never miss!)"

Yup!

13-knife (is that it?)
14-pocket money for drinks at the nearest bar, where i can also parade my fish ("wow, nice catch! how did you get 'em? so you're a diver? Cool !")

A couple of pieces of dry bread in some sort of waterproof container for those times when the boat ride is hell.....

OR

NOT funny but entirely neccesary for me..... My bottle of homebrew Swimmers Ear drops..... Actually I have the Pharmacy make them up for me....

and don't forget Sven....

YOU STARTED IT! rofl

You KNOW if you don't specify, you can get just about ANYTHING from this crew rofl

Last edited:
Bringing a book of local water legends and myths (ie. treasure ships and sea monsters) makes the trip much more exciting.

#13 16oz Bottle of Twinlab Human Machine Oil (source of MCT fuel for diving)
#14 Ziploc bag of fine white powder (....no, just electrolytes)
#15 Box of 100 CR2032 batteries with screwdriver and silicone grease (to repeatedly change the battery in the D3 every few hours)
#16 Gigantic big game fishing reel with 200lb spectra fiber line (to fish my buddy from the depths using a DRUMS, when he blacks out down there)
#17 Dish soap to lube the footpockets of the monofins
#18 Heat packs with cloth pouches to put under wetsuits to keep warm
#19 Polyurethane gloves to wear under dive gloves to prevent skin infections
#20 Brazilian LUSH massage bar, to rub over skin, especially hands, to smell good and to reduce heat loss through the skin
#21 Purple thong bikini with ky jelly in case girlfriend is in the mood
#22 Huge manual powered air pump (helps to fill the lungs faster than packing.... no, actually used to inflate air mattress or boat)
#23 Business card of the local hyperbaric unit to call at day's end, for decompression chamber appointment
#24 Yellow swimming noodle with accompanying chalice, used for the noodle-chalice method of exhale diving with saline equalizing

Reactions: naiad
efattah said:
#21 Purple thong bikini with ky jelly in case girlfriend is in the mood

rofl

In the mood? FOR WHAT?

Seriously Fattah, just when I think you are about the straitest pitcher on the forum, you go and whip an insane curve-ball. rofl

Well, you have my vote. I can't possibly top that...I'm out of this contest. :crutch

edit: "purple"???.....LOL

Last edited:
Reactions: Jon
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT