• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

[News] Fazza Freediving Championship Dubai

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

DeeperBlue.com

DeeperBlue.com Editorial
Apr 7, 2006
Under the patronage HH Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid AlMaktoum, Chairman of Dubai Executive Council, the Fazza' Championships include exciting sporting events that include falconry, hunting withdogs, archery, freediving (hiyari) and the renown...

This is an news discussion thread for discussing the following DeeperBlue.net News item:

Click here for original DeeperBlue.net News Item...

I called this morning to sign up, and got a message saying "sorry, we are unavailable". Same story as last year *sigh*..... but keep trying as you will get through eventually.

I confirmed with the organisers today, the 1st prize is indeed a Range Rover - the cash prizes for this year are not confirmed yet. :friday

Reactions: trux
I heard this time the main prize is not a Range Rover, but a tanker full of liquid gas.

tanker_1293635c.jpg

BTW, did Tom leave in his Range Rover last year?

Last edited:
rofl rofl rofl yeah that's pretty terrible!

I got new information now:

International freedivers please send an SMS (do not call) to this number: +971-50-77-438-77 with your name, age, nationality, and contact number, and you will be registered.

I pushed for a Ladies section and the guy said its on the agenda, maybe not this year though but certainly next year! :friday

The competition starts today!

Alexei Molchanov is here, some members of our freediving team in Abu Dhabi, and Adel (adolphin from DB)

Not sure who else is participating.

We heard they were going to separate the prizes this year. However, looking at the board it looks like only 1 Range Rover is to be won, the 2nd and 3rd prizes are much less than last year (economic climate?)

The 2nd place is 20K and 3rd place is 7.5K.

I trained the other night with Alexei and the water was FREEZING. I don't think we will have the same performances as last year but who knows?

I don't know if there are any other female competitors this year, but I'll keep you all posted.

Best,
SL
Posted via Mobile Device

Reactions: trux
I wish i can come and support you guys but my work is really getting in the way of diving. Good LUck on the Range Rover!!! Hope you guys win it so i can hitch a ride to the freedive training...hehehehe

Go go go!!!

Cheers

Elvis

Hiya!
News is that there is 2 categories, one for GCC countries and the other category for the rest of us.

For the "rest of us" there are only 5 people so far....
Posted via Mobile Device

So one or two Range Rovers? If one only, then I suppose it goes to the locals, doesn't it? What does remain then for the others as prize?

Good luck, anyway, Sara, Adolphin, and others!

Hiya!
News is that there is 2 categories, one for GCC countries and the other category for the rest of us.

For the "rest of us" there are only 5 people so far....
Posted via Mobile Device

Is there a prize for 6th place then i'd be happy to join...heheherofl job or loose the jobrofl

Ok here is an update:

Alexei 6 mins 10
Adel from Algeria 5 mins
Alex b (UK) 4,50
Sara-Lise 3,37

And the GCC times

Adolphin 2,50 I thnk
Rani 2,30ish
2 guys (don't know)

Finals on satursday afternoon

Range rover HSE sport for each category
Posted via Mobile Device

Ok here is an update:

Alexei 6 mins 10
Adel from Algeria 5 mins
Alex b (UK) 4,50
Sara-Lise 3,37

And the GCC times

Adolphin 2,50 I thnk
Rani 2,30ish
2 guys (don't know)

Finals on satursday afternoon

Range rover HSE sport for each category
Posted via Mobile Device

Any videos or picts?:friday

Thank you Sara for the update, hopefully you'll be able just to sneak in for the 3rd place and take a well deserved piece of the pie :)

And also best of luck to Adolphin, whom I had the pleasure of briefly meeting in The Netherlands.

Alexey's 6'10" and all other managed times are very impressive wearing no suit in cold water, how cold was it actually Sara?

Love, Courage and Water,

Kars

Sorry, there was a guy in the GCC category that got 3 mins so the results would be:

Alexei 6 mins 10
Adel from Algeria 5 mins
Alex b (UK) 4,50
Sara-Lise 3,37

And the GCC times

Anonymous 3'
Adolphin 2,50 I thnk
Rani 2,30ish
2 guys (don't know)

The judges did not release the times (??) so we are going by people's timing in the audience. we had thunderstorms last night and it looks dreary today so i guess the water will be cold again - 23degC i imagine. it may not sound too cold but when you're not wearing a suit, the wind is blowing and you're lying on the surface breathing up it gets pretty chilly :D

So are those the final positions, or is there now a second round? If so how many go to the final? And when is it? Today?

I am surprised there are so few people. With such nice prizes, I'd expect many more trying it, especially among local residents who do not have to pay for the airplane, which makes it less interesting for foreigners not living there.

Hope you are still in for the final. If so, good luck!

Hey there everyone !

Thanks for the wishes, we wish you were all here competing with us, it would have been much more fun .. :)

Kars, thank you mate .. the water wasn't really cold the first day but rather cool (I would say 26 C) , yesterday on the other hand was 24 C !!! I hope it would be back to what it was today .. but well, we'll take whatever is there :martial

the GCC category has the first 4 numbers so close to each other, but I guess we are all keeping the real thing for today .. ;)

and yes, my time was 2' 36" actually Sara.

Alex did 3' 50" (I did the count) and this is not even close to what he does ususally under the same conditions, but it doesn't matter really, today is the day.

Trux, there are 10 finalists in each category, so the non GCC group are all going to the finals automatic because they are only 6 !!!! .. 10 out of 14 (only 14 entries !!!) are going to compete today in the finals for the GCC category.

Last edited:
Thanks Sara and Adolphin for your nice updates, best of luck both!

Maybe some pasta in your belly may help to keep you a bit warmer?

And I think in cold water you'll need more hyperventilation.

Is it allowed to warm-up in a suit?

Kars

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT