• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

News from Canada

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
If you are in contact with her Frank, say that people in Spain also wish her the est - que vaya a por todas! :)

Adrian

News from the static competition:
Dave Harries from the UK set a new UK Static National Record at 5 minutes 58 seconds. This beats the previous record of 5 minutes 48 seconds held by Lee Donnelly since 2002.
Congratulations Dave!:)
Deeply,
MANUEL

Again good news from Canada:
Another National Record fell today at the AIDA World Championships. Suzy Kensington from New Zealand completed a 5 minute 1 second Static breathhold to bring home her second National Record of the competition.
Congratulations Suzy!:)
Deeply,
MANUEL

Sam Still from the UK just reset the UK record at 6 min 14. The surprise of the day came as Natalia Fernandez, who we expected to go for a World Record, came up at 5 minutes, well short of the 6 minute 31 held by Lotta Ericsson.

well done to the two Dorothea boys. i'm very proud of you both.

Sam Still, 68m, 6'14" (2 new UK records - enough said!)

Dave Harries, 58m, 5'58" (2 awesome performances)

also well done to DaveK and Mark - great results. second place for the UK men is a fantastic achievement. the UK women did very well also. some great performances there also.

A really great performance from the UK boys (and girlz). A credit to Alun, Sam saltFree (and Crystal Palace freedivers, of course ;)) for their efforts in developing UK freediving. Nice one.

Guy

Deepest Bear Incident

To: everyone involved in the Deepest Bear Incident last night.

Maybe now the hangovers have kicked in, you are feeling differently. However I thought I would make the point that stealing and destroying something that a fellow freediver has spent over two years putting thought, effort, creativity and even some money into is pretty low, cruel and hey even illegal.

Saddened, angry and distinctly unamused

Sam

PS Tanya, I thought you were into protecting marine mammals!

Reactions: naiad
I was hoping that wasn't true... but I guess it is. To whoever it was that burned the bear: I hope you're DQed on every competitive dive you ever try again. >(

Reactions: samdive
Not Deepest Bear...

:waterwork

Sam, set up a fund and we'll all donate to the medical bills whatever they may be.

To Deepest Bear,
Get well soon little buddy!

Aaron

I guess some people can't control their envy towards better divers than them. :(

I know you will come out with the upper claw...

Get well db.

Who did it? And why??? :rcard

Deepest Bear, I'm sure you'll be back soon!

Lucia

To quote Tanya Streeter, prior to the burning of the bear:

"I left him at 160m for 25 minutes and he STILL DIDN'T DIE...."

It appears that the bear was much harder to kill than people originally thought. Nonetheless, in the end, the freediving mob was victorious.

Everything happens for a reason. Cosmic justice is always served. If the bear is burning in hell as we speak, then it is because of his crimes against humanity.

Eric Fattah
<who had nothing to do with the incident and has only 2nd hand info!>

BC, Canada

Beware all teams around the world. The ultra secret Stuffed Toy Assassination Team formed over a year ago has claimed its first successful mission behind enemy lines.
Our assassination techniques are varied and our cunning unrivaled.

This is a warning to all team mascots...your days are numbered....

Reactions: Pezman
Just like my friend AgentA said, our team was preparing for this and we had our first successful mission.

I was the one who set the Bear on fire, after the outcome of a democratic procedure.

To the friends of Deepest Bear:

The Bear and myself had a talk on the balcony, just before his end. I want you to know that he didn't feel a thing, since he was too drunk. He had lots of 90% alcohol and just before the end he said: "Please do it". So I did it.

I hear he was cloned and that perhaps he will be back. So this might turn into a nice game...

Asta la vista baby!

I would like to announce the sincerest efforts to save Deepest Bear in the face of the usual effective democratic systems :p as demonstrated during the execution by the following good willing men:

Michael Antinori
Daryl Caves
Tyler Zetterstrom

May they not be forgotten for their efforts... futile as they may have been.

Although, I noticed there are a number of variances in the accounts of how exactly this all unfolded, seemingly dependent upon the exact quantities of liqour injested prior to the incident.

Cheers and had lots of fun with you all!

Let me get this straight...

Sam Kirby spends loads of time and money over the last two years sending the very cute deepest bear around the world to record attempt after record attempt and turns it into an icon of goodwill and good luck to anyone in the attempts and anyone just watching (such as myself). Then some of you at this party get drunk and light it on fire, destroying it, because you think it'd be funny.

It's not funny. It's completely disrespectful to Sam. It's awful and cruel. Even if Sam did something to offend you lot, this wasn't the way to deal with it.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT