• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

news from Cyprus...

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
hi erasmus. na, i havent heard anything from wolle. i'm a bit affraid to ask him. have you pm'd him. he'll proberbly want to explain in german.
many thanks for the video, kind of you. i'm awaiting it in anticipation. cheers
bevan

no fin attempt

wolle received the o.k. from the organiser to attempt his planned no-fin dive. arriving in cyprus he was informed that according to aida cw is a discipline where you have to use fins. so basically the information given by the organisers was not correct. he also said he was lucky enough to be allowed 56m (because of that misinformation). only after showing his dive log (+70 dives to similar depths, including a 61m no fin dive 2 weeks ago) the doctors would agree to let him go on with it.

he said that that dive was one of the easiest he ever did.

i believe that

roland

:cool:

DOUBLE GERMAN REKORD !!!

I just found this on the official site of AIDA Germany:
http://www.aida-deutschland.de/rekorde.htm
So it´s official after all...

Congratulations Wolle for Breaking (not just making) Two national rekords on one competition.

Wolle did 112m dynamic without fins
and
AWEsome 56m Constant Weight also without fins. (SSSSOOOO CLOSE WOLLE )

erasmus
Berlin

New WR Lotta !

Congratulations Lotta 6.31 : )!
The competition is still running but there’s a new female static world record. Lotta did 6.31 earlier today. An improvement with ten seconds, Lotta you’re the best.

Mia
From a rainy Sweden

Sorry forgot the last name it's Lotta Ericsson.

Last edited:
special congratulations to Dave Harries who has ranked 1st among the British freedivers at Cyprus.

Dave is a DB member (tecdave) and has been diving with me at Dorothea since he started deep freediving about a year ago!

da iawn chdi Dave...

Can't believe no one has mentioned Deepest Dave King's incredible new British Dynamic Record of 157m

Dave came in 3rd overall in the Dynamic - not often we get a Brit on the podium!

Dave dives with saltFree and has progressed massively in the last year. He and Mark Harris were both well places to thrash the British static record up to beyond 6 minutes as well. Sadly on the day, possibly due to just being exhausted after two long weeks of freediving, both lost it to LMC... well done anyway guys, you were so close

Carlos' dive was awesome. how could anyone make that look easy!!

Sam

I just want to say well done to Emma F. As she brought the competion to all those who couldn't make it!
Also as Emma had apparently some difficulties over there!

Well done and thanks

Sam, what were their static times? did they actually go over 5.48? they should have another go soon...

up to them if they want to put the exact numbers down Alun but both were well over six minutes several times in training. I think it just all got a bit much on the day

Thanks to Emma too, you did a fine job. What difficulties??

Sam

Adventures of Deepest Bear in Cyprus

Hello Everyone!
I had an exciting time in Cyprus and am now fully recovered from my BearNap adventures. I have been busy and posted lots of the photos taken with you all on my website. There will be more in the next few days as well so keep watching and if you have, please email them to me so I can add them on.
You can read the full story of my brave escape from 103m and see the photos on
www.deepestbear.com
See you next time
DB
xx

Well, I want to Congratulate also Howard and his monkeys, to make this great event, it's awsome breaking records in competition. As far as I know the static and CW world record was broken, any other one?.
Very good Howard, keep on it.

Will there be a FOC in Cyprus in 2005?
In 2005 I am 18 :D and I would like to go there...

@fpernett:
Johanna Norblad (Finland) broke the women's dynamic record with a 158m dive.
Deeply,
Manuel

Cobertura en Español

Saludos amigos, en nuestro sitio web: www.sportalsub.net encontrarán toda la información y la cobertura de la competencia en Chipre y de los apneistas de Venezuela: Carlos Coste y Ruth Flores, con resultados y fotos exclusivas tomadas en el lugar del evento.

Visiten: www.sportalsub.net/chipre2004

Attachments

• mvc-037f.jpg
    mvc-037f.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 451
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT