• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

[News] No-Limits Diver Reported Missing

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

DeeperBlue.com

DeeperBlue.com Editorial
Apr 7, 2006
Santorini, Greece -- As reported on the AIDA website by the board President Kimmo Lahtinen, a freediver who was training for "No-Limits" is mysteriously missing. The original AIDA post states: "On 7 June, a freediver training in...

This is an news discussion thread for discussing the following DeeperBlue.net News item:

Click here for original DeeperBlue.com News Item...

Last edited by a moderator:
horrible news for the family and all those who knew the diver.
we will all miss you...

What life has given, the sea has taken it back... thoughts and kind words may not be enough to ease the pain of those who knew him but people who are in Santorini at the moment should know that the whole freediving community stands behind them. Thoughts and prayers to the familly and friends of a freediver who will be deeply missed.

Reactions: island_sands
He is my instructor and my guru!!!still I cannt believe this!!! He really loves this sport & gave all what he has for making it popular . RIP
Posted via Mobile Device

deepest condolences to his family and those who were fortunate enough to know him .

rest in peace

All freedivers are shocked here in Greece... it comes to remind us how fragile life is...

Deepest condolences to his family and friends..

I am so desperately sad to read this news - beyond words.
Condolences from Paul and myself to his family, loved ones and friends.
God bless, Kimmo.

So sad.. what a tragedy, prayers sent to family and friends.

Sincerely. Don Paul

Tanya S> Kimmo is not missing. I understood the same but I had to re-read the news again. It's an unnamed freediver.

I was really shocked to read such news, even more because some of my friends sometimes go deeper than that.

I had a sad smile when, at the end of the news, I saw "14 people like that" and a big "I like that" button. How could you ever like such news…

Reactions: Kars
Tanya S> Kimmo is not missing. I understood the same but I had to re-read the news again. It's an unnamed freediver.

I was really shocked to read such news, even more because some of my friends sometimes go deeper than that.

I had a sad smile when, at the end of the news, I saw "14 people like that" and a big "I like that" button. How could you ever like such news…

I think its not a "like" but a "support" .

Very tragic.

distressing for the entire freedive community. Thoughts and best wishes to his family at this very difficult time.
Carla

Terribly sad news. My sincere condolences to the family and friends!

Thanks for that verification. I
Must have read the news story too fast. Nonetheless - desperately sad news. I hope we can learn the name of the diver soon to keep him/her in our prayers.
Posted via Mobile Device

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT