• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

[News] No-Limits Diver Reported Missing

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
That's hard to hear:-(
From the article above I understood that it was his decision to put him off the lanyard.
Why there wasn't any bottom safety techno diver ?

In any case my condolence to his family.

Reactions: island_sands
That's hard to hear:-(
From the article above I understood that it was his decision to put him off the lanyard.
Why there wasn't any bottom safety techno diver ?

In any case my condolence to his family.

I belive they mean that he had released or accidentaly come loose from the lan-yard.

Technical divers have not been used as the lan-yard system has been seen as adequate and that the safety divers at the bottom would actually be at greater risk due to the extreme depths.

- J

Reactions: island_sands
While I dont pretend I knew Adel very well, I did have the privilege of diving and doing some training dives and fun dives whilst being trained and coached by Sara. Adel was a graceful free diver and had very strict safety protocols. He was passionate about freediving and would often get in touch with me to get me back into the sport. I have never met anyone as committed and passionate about the sport as Adel was.

I am not someone that copes with grief or loss very easily so I wont say more but I will say that Adel, where ever you are my friend I hope you are well and we miss you.

My prayers go to him and his family.

Ali Fikree

While I dont pretend I knew Adel very well, I did have the privilege of diving and doing some training dives and fun dives whilst being trained and coached by Sara. Adel was a graceful free diver and had very strict safety protocols. He was passionate about freediving and would often get in touch with me to get me back into the sport. I have never met anyone as committed and passionate about the sport as Adel was.

I am not someone that copes with grief or loss very easily so I wont say more but I will say that Adel, where ever you are my friend I hope you are well and we miss you.

My prayers go to him and his family.

Ali Fikree

Thanks A. And here you are, diving with Adel on that day :)

Attachments

• Freedive Abu Dhabi 2008 033small.jpg
    Freedive Abu Dhabi 2008 033small.jpg
    361.1 KB · Views: 165
Some photos of Adel. Always calm, always smiling, always happy. The peacemaker, the politician, the professional.

Attachments

• adel2008.jpg
    adel2008.jpg
    243.4 KB · Views: 141
  • adel.jpg
    adel.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 152
  • Freedive Abu Dhabi 2008 060.jpg
    Freedive Abu Dhabi 2008 060.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 154
  • Freedive Abu Dhabi 2008 088.jpg
    Freedive Abu Dhabi 2008 088.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 155
I can not believe this news... Rest In Peace Adel, I am wherry happy that I have chance to meat you and speak with you. And thank you for everything...

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT