• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

No "Free Speech" on deeperblue!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Which part of Stephan's sentence "Equally swearing is not permitted" you did not understand exactly, jtkwest? If your post with swearing was deleted, write it again in a decent way, and the problem is solved. What's the problem with it?

the part i DONT understand is how pg13 involves NOT swearing, when ALL pg13 movies contain them in far worse context. so which is it? pg13 or G? i was told pg13 by 2 moderators AND the creator. NEWS FLASH for all you non movie goers= pg13 movies contain PLENTY of curses.LOTS and LOTS. riddle me that batman? if this website is aimed at the g rated crowd, it has alreasdy gone too far with the bloody pics and fish killing stories for any conceivable G rating. or have you never seen a movie ? and for the record I am not the one who created this analogy, it was given to me as an example of what is and isnt allowed. i was told, "no cursing, lets keep this site pg13" by magpie and stephan alike. so will you care to respond to this or just echo someone elses post again? (as if i dont already know the answer to THAT one)lol

Last edited:
Who cares about pg13 movies. You heard your post was inappropriate, so cope with it, and moderate your vocabulary accordingly. Case closed.

As I asked before JTKWEST, why do you feel so passionately that you need to be able to swear?

What do you lose by not being able to?

You'll also find that any concerns you raise are taken a lot more seriously if you take the time not to write in such a confrontational and aggressive manner.

All that succeeds in doing is getting on people's nerves which makes it far less likely that they will pay any head to the issue you are trying to raise.

its the hypocrisy of it that bothers me. and i dont like being corrected by grown men from afar,(with no possible recourse) all the while using a pg13 rating system as evidence of their proclaimed right to do so, who obviously have never even been to the movies, does that explain it? let me put it another way, this is a website about killing stuff and g rating has no place on it. i will tell you what: admit that the pg13 analogy made by you first and now stephan was a misstatement and should not have been used since clearly pg13 involves swearing. what you want is no swearing period. because you said so and you are in charge. i can accept that because you ARE in charge , but when you try to back it up with incorrect comparisons, it nullifies the entire message as an incorrect hypocrisy(to me anyway) someone IS wrong here , probably me first, but a bunch of you sensitive types followed right behind me. why cant you just ignore the curse words, like i mostly ignore alot of the idiotic stuuf that gets posted on here regularly? just as when it gets on your nerves when i type "agressively", it gets on my nerves when you use incorrect statements to justify your rules(the ones i DONT like in particular) it weakens your message also buddy, but not in a subjective sort of opininated way, but in a factual easily defeated statement , such as lets keep it pg13- "no swearing" - thats not subject to my opinion, IT IS A FACT that pg 13 involves swearing. NOT my opinion. lets hear a counterpoint that actually defeats this? i dare you.

Last edited:
First, this is not a website about killing stuff. This is a website about diving, or about the underwater world. It is specifically popular among freedivers, who in a big part are no spearfishers at all.

Second, you are a guest here, not the host. If you came to my house, and started speaking in front of my kids in a way I do not appreciate, I'd ask you to moderate your speech if you wanted to stay, too. You could call me a hypocrite, but you would either have to abide or leave. And it is the exactly the same case here.

Last edited:
Who cares about pg13 movies. You heard your post was inappropriate, so cope with it, and moderate your vocabulary accordingly. Case closed.

who do you think you are? certainly not my boss. you would have to be alot closer to me than 5000 miles away to boss me around. if you were close enough to actually say that to my face - you wouldnt dare. trust me.period. case closed stick with the freediving posts, so i can ignore you as usual. when you see my name on a post, just dont read it. i dont post on your threads because you are not into anything remotely exciting to me. so please dont post your feeble echoed comments on mine. if you want to talk face to face, you will have to move from the land of snow and ice, as i am equally not interested in visiting your homeland, as i lack enthusiasm for your posts.

I think I begin to understand why your post was deleted, It is perhaps not so much only a problem of the vocabulary, but especially problem of being able to go along with people. I will definitely not boss you here, since I am not a moderator, and do not care abut your verbal attacks. It leaves me quiet. But if anyone ever tried behaving in similar way to other members on my website, he'd be banned immediately.

Do you really think that you can change everything in a violent way? Do you believe that when you swear, insult, and threaten other members, moderators, and the owner long enough, that they will change their opinion and will generously permit you to swear as much as you need? I am afraid it will not work.

jtkwest,

I understand your point around use of the term PG13. From now on i'll just be clear that cursing and swear words are not allowed and not refer to PG13.

You'll notice that the forum rules don't refer to PG13 anyway so hopefully we'll be able to get past this issue promptly.
KEEP YOUR POSTS CLEAN
There may be places where explicit, obscene or vulgar language, graphics or behavior is appropriate however DeeperBlue.net is not one of them. Discussion forum posts that contain explicit, obscene or vulgar language will be removed. Similarly, discussion forum posts that solicit or offer explicit or X-rated GIFs, JPEGs or similar content files will be deleted without notice!

Many thanks!

I just deleted my own post and I want everyone to know, I have real issues with it.
I can't believe that I would not allow myself to post something like that. It not only contained no harsh language - but was really satisfying to me personally.

Yet I, with my limp-wristed 'senstivity' and 'political correctness' saw fit, as the authority and author of the post to deem it unacceptable and summarily delete it.

I can't believe that I did this to myself. I'm ashamed and angry. Why, if I were standing here right...

Last edited:
Never mind, I bit the pillow too. And I understand well, that you are much closer than me to jtkwest, so that you had no other possibility than deleting your own post, because otherwise he'd come to your place, and you'd be biting not the pillow but the earth!

JTKWEST, I hope Stephan has suitably addressed your concerns over the use of the phrase "PG13". It is a phrase I have never used as personally this meant nothing to me as I'm not a film person and that nomenclature is not used here even if it was.

So sorry, but your rants about "G" films also means nothing to me. Which, coincidently, is also precisely how much your thinly veiled "you wouldn't say that to my face" threats affect anyone.

As you can see the rules state no swearing, I hope that is now clear enough for you.

Fondueset, you are a naughty boy, and yet at the same time a very good boy. Stop it and carry on.

Jk, allow me to take a jab at what I think it is Papa Smurf is trying to avoid.

I think, reading in between the lines, that PS likes to have this no cursing rule to prevent sensitive people from being too easily triggered to go into a tantrum.

You see words are like swords, and many people have not the skill to deflect piercing words of force. Emotions take over and they fall into a bitter tantrum. In an attempt of retribution the words arms race is on, each trying to emotionally hit each other's buttons in the most foul way.

Some people use cursing very skill full to stir the emotions of others, misdirection and leading the discussion into a flame war, for instance to avoid loosing a discussion, or just for fun.

Now imagine you're an incidental visitor and takes a glance at the forum to see what's there and and you see many people playing flame wars, would this be an inviting experience?
As a sponsor would you like to be associated with flame wars?
As a moderator would you like to keep reading the flame wars?
As an owner would you like to own such a site?

I think taking away the cursing helps to prevent a lot of needless flame wars, and I agree with this rule.

As to the PG-13 qualification term, I don't mind much that mistake. Yes it could have been said more precisely. For instance saying simply that cursing and/or sexual too descriptive wording is forbidden. Though I think for many it's rather clear what Papa Smurf meant.

I'm sure the English vocabulary remains extensive and strong enough to express your thoughts and emotions in a colourful, specific and meaningful way.

Otherwise just use some Spanish, German, Dutch or French. Put4, sl4mpe, ho3r, put1n ;) LOL - Ok, maybe that's not the idea either :D

Last edited:
Reactions: Magpie
Tell me how it all ends cos I'm just getting a message saying

The message is hidden because jtkwest is on your ignore list

On a completely seperate note, only a fool argues with a fool. So why even entertain one.
Posted via Mobile Device

Jk, allow me to take a jab at what I think it is Papa Smurf is trying to avoid.

I think, reading in between the lines, that PS likes to have this no cursing rule to prevent sensitive people from being too easily triggered to go into a tantrum.

You see words are like swords, and many people have either not the skill to deflect piercing words of force. Emotions take over and they fall into a bitter tantrum. In an attempt of retribution the words arms race is on, each trying to emotionally hit each other's buttons in the most foul way.

Some people use cursing very skill full to stir the emotions of others, misdirection and leading the discussion into a flame war, for instance to avoid loosing a discussion, or just for fun.

Now imagine you're an incidental visitor and takes a glance at the forum to see what's there and and you see many people playing flame wars, would this be an inviting experience?
As a sponsor would you like to be associated with flame wars?
As a moderator would you like to keep reading the flame wars?
As an owner would you like to own such a site?

I think taking away the cursing helps to prevent a lot of needless flame wars, and I agree with this rule.

As to the PG-13 qualification term, I don't mind much that mistake. Yes it could have been said more precisely. For instance saying simply that cursing and/or sexual too descriptive wording is forbidden. Though I think for many it's rather clear what Papa Smurf meant.

I'm sure the English vocabulary remains extensive and strong enough to express your thoughts and emotions in a colourful, specific and meaningful way.

Otherwise just use some Spanish, German, Dutch or French. Put4, sl4mpe, ho3r, put1n ;) LOL - Ok, maybe that's not the idea either :D

now this one i can listen to, he presents facts that support his OWN ideas. he presents them in an intelligent manner, and even though i dont necessarily agree with all facts presented, it obviously is coming from an intelligent person who hasnt scolded me even once. btw: stephan has also been very polite and well spoken and though i dont agree with him on this, i certainly hope i havent crossed the line with him and i beg his and all of your pardons except trux: he can kiss the darkest part of my ...... and what i said to you mr freediving superchamp wasnt a threat, it was simply pointing out that i believe you to be of the sort who has to chime in for no reason- with no point to make- just to scold me i.e.:" case closed " and all that. like you are some sort of judge. i was merely pointing out that if it was to take place face to face, you wouldnt have the balls to say it to my,(or anyone elses face) due to your OWN fears of reprisal, NOT because of my intimidating physique or something (its NOT! i only weigh 185lbs) but because you seem the sort who would only prefer to instigate, not to actually step up to the plate. so stop trying to make this about you or thinly veiled threats or whatever. stop instigating and go back to posting on the freediving section, so i can go back to ignoring your posts and opinions. i will say it again: when you see my name on a post, dont read it and you cant be offended, right? i dont post echoed crap on your threads. it seems to me that when you really dont like something or someone, you ignore them ,(as i do to you normally) unlike you who has some sick need to stir things up on my threads. why? if you really dont like what i have to say, your strongest way of showing it would be to ignore me. so please do. and i will continue to do the same. as for everyone else ...peace brothers... no more cursing from me. i dont agree, but i will follow along anyway. enough said? good CASE CLOSED.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kars
As Magpie said, this is an oasis, and we want to keep it that way. Interesting yet peaceful. We all have an effect on everyone else, so we have to ask ourselves what sort of effect do we want to make. Are we leaving the forum a better or a worse place after our posts? Our posts are a reflection of ourselves, and everything we put out just bounces back. Like action - all action has an equal and opposite reaction. We create the energy the posts end up reflecting back, so if we like what comes back fine - we've created that. If we don't like, we've created that too. It's a good opportunity to learn social interaction has it's own energies and forms. Flow, float or struggle, it's our choice.

Reactions: Erik
I knew this was a problem.

Now I have to guess what your saying?

Yardy yardy yardy or something? Hmmm shall I unblock you to see?

Naah
Posted via Mobile Device

Comfy shoes eh fondueset?

The sun was shining today, the uk winter is finally breaking, I'm really looking forward to a top summer, I want to get away a few times this year and dive too.

Here is to a good year :)

Whatever your goals I hope you achieve them :)
Posted via Mobile Device

Status
Not open for further replies.
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT