• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

North Wales, The Llyn and Anglesey 2016

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

DafyddRees

Jul 2, 2008
Happy New Year gents!

Hopefully our resident vis reporter, Denian will keep us all reliably informed as he did last year!

I will award 1 'Like' for the first fish of the year!

Last edited:
Reactions: Broseidon
Sorry, Denian has defected to the far North........ beyond the wall.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Reactions: DafyddRees
when is this swell and wind going to stop? Anyone fancy a January trip let me know.

Evening all

Having returned from hols in Mexico and having had a couple of cracking days spearing, Im keen to improve my depth and times. Now, from what I remember, one of you runs courses in the Manchester area - any chance of PMing me - id love a chat. Having the boat in pwll opens up a bit of fun for this year, so keen to get practicing!
Cheers
Pat

Reactions: apneaboy
Spearfishing course? Never heard of that! Good luck!!

Quick report for all the lurkers. went in today at low tide about 13:00 on the south lyn. Water was 9c but felt warmer (I have a 7mm suit). Went in for about an hour Only dived to 6m but got a few scallops and sorted out may weighting and had a play with a new dive watch
. Vis was 2m at best so as a newby it was a bit intimidating but good fun.

Reactions: Broseidon
hoping to get in on the lyn on thursday anyone interested or any tips north or south???

Looking good

Attachments

• 20160322_152828.jpg
    20160322_152828.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 222
Got as far as Conway then had to come home because of accident on A55. If road is clear tomorrow I may try again Wednesday.
Fancy it?

Back in down south no scallops today, saw 2 doggies and some massive starfish which may explain no scallops?
Vis about 4m but it was patchy as the tide turned, water felt pretty warm and watch said 13c but I am not sure that right.
I had a walk in Abersoch to look at a shore dive spot but couldn't work out how to get to it can you walk down the yacht slipway?

Reactions: bombadil
13c does sound unusually warm for the time of year, we have 10c in guernsey at the moment.
Should be some plaice around.....

13 c sounds warm but very nice. A couple of weeks back we had 6 degrees on East Coast Scotland which is a bit colder than normal. At the same time the West Coast was 10.5 degree which is probably slightly warmer than normal.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Well done on getting out, I don't think that temperature can be accurate though - 13 degrees would be normal for around end of June / start of July temperatures.

NOAA is giving the current temp around North Wales as around 8.9 degrees which would be pretty average for this time of year: http://www.seatemperature.org/europe/united-kingdom/pwllheli.htm

To get to the main beach, go into Abersoch and up the road / lane beside the garage marked Lon Treath on the map

I wouldn't recommend shore diving Abersoch without either a boat or kayak attached to to you as the boat traffic is insane, here is short video I shot off the jetty a few years ago - just listen to the boats - one went pretty much right over me during the video, despite the fact that I had a kayak attached to me - thankfully I've got a good breath hold!

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT