• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

North Wales

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Am dusting the hat off as we speak!!rofl
Will be there for 9.30 hopefuly, see you in the morning.
dave

rofl I think I need a hat myself rofl
Its looking good, bit of a breeze up but still very nice. Viz looks good, I'm using a 90 and Alex has a 100, not sure what size guns you use but there's plenty here if need be.
See you in the morning

Have been using a 90 recently with a reel, but have a 130 cannon if the viz is that good and the bass have recently doubled in sizerofl rofl

Have 75 but am really not that confidant with it, took it out on my first hunt of the year and I missed 6out of 7 bass!!!:head so its not seen a drop of salt water since!!!!!!
Had a look on the web cam it looks great!!

Getting stuff sorted now!

Just back in from a grand day out. Dave cleaned up! I dont even know how many fish he caught, Bass, Mullet, Plaice and flounder. I bagged a couple of Bass and Alex got three I think.
Well I think I deserve the golden welly award for missing the easy shots :vangry a 5 pounder-ish about 1m away in the weed, bang - missed :vangry:vangry then later on a 10 - 12 pound-ish fish practically giving my spear tip a BJ, bang - missed :vangry:vangry Dave I think saw the same fish about 10 minutes later and didnt get a chance at a shot. Still in disbelief to how I could miss that one :confused:

Dave's hangover withstanding we should be out for another go tomorrow :friday

Well it seems the hangover wasnt that bad so we headed out again. A bit more sea than Thursday, Dave was threatening to show us his 8 pint consumption from the night before rofl First drop off was on some shallow islands at the end of the bay to look for the monster from the day before but to no avail. Strangely enough Dave and I both saw a fish of about 4 lbs with a tear off mark on its head, either from a missed shot of mine from the day before or a break off of Alex's from a couple of weeks ago. Then on to some deeper reefs, Alex dropped us off on the furtherst reef in some pretty choppy water, after about 10 minutes it started to get quite unpleasent but like real soldiers we stuck at it and worked our way down the reef. I only had a 10m float line with me which was a pain in the arse as my gun was being knocked all over the place as my bouy was bouncing in the chop rofl Aspetto's were incredibly short even by my standards, dive down kneel in the kelp and instantly want to hack up breakfast :yack saw a couple of bass come in but as it happens my gun was pointing completely the wrong way so no shot. On one drop I was lying in a gulley and a bass came swimming along it closely followed by another one slightly bigger, I took aim and then my gun got jerked by the bouy :vangry the fish spooked a little but I got back on target and bagged the bugger but only just.
Final count for the day was 2 bass for me, 1 minnow bass for Alex and a Plaice for Dave. All in all a couple of very enjoyable days

Edit bit: Interesting fact of the day, Dave logged 116 dives for the Friday session

Last edited:
Hey Pastor,
A huge thanks for the invite over to Anglsey, Had a wicked few days and was great to try different diving and hunting styles. Was hard work on the last day!!:friday and its hard to concentrate when you havent seen a fish for a couple of hours.
Say a big thanks to Alex as well as it was great to get out in a rib as nearly all my diving is done from the shore.

Have a awsome time in Sharm but remember to leave the gun at home!!!!
Hope to show you some of our spots down the lleyn when you get back.
Cheers

I had a look on multimap at those spots you told us about, they look good will come and visit you there when we're back.
How are the new fins looking? Im looking forward to hearing how you get on with them spearing, got to be better than your cressi's rofl they make my wetsuit knees look brand new :D

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT