• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Nov 8th

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

ILDiver

I just wanna dive
Jul 11, 2005
Looking to dive and spear on the 8th. You guys have the eye on the lakes. What say ye on the location?

Once again I am possible. I will be on vacation but may be up in Tomahawk bird hunting/4 wheeling/visiting family. I will have to check dates...

Mendota- would be nice since it's "turn over" and the spot would have to depend on which way the wind is blowing.

I'd be up for whatever......Madison sounds cool, Geneva should be relatively quiet. If it's Madison, I expect to see Tass at the Great Dane brew pub afterwards.......

I don't care, I just want to dive. I had a good time at Mendota with unirdna last week. not a lot of fish around, but the high spot was a cool dive spot, I could have left my gun in the boat.

Geneva is ok too. I know Scott likes the one section for carp. I like the smaller lakes myself though. Fish may not be as big, but who cares. The smaller lakes have more character imo.

Last edited:
let's do Mendota.......I have some business errands to run in Madison, so it'll be a good excuse for me to spend the day there. I'll probably meet you up there Chris, since I'll be heading back to IL later in the day. You got any gloves I could borrow? I forgot to place an order.......

I have the 3mm instadry gloves I told you about, I'll bring them up. Yeah, if we are going to Madison, it's faster for me to drive straight there.

Well, Looks like Mendota will be a decent enough spot. I have to look at a map and see what we have for public access on the WEST SIDE. I was thinking North of Picnic Point. Jon/Ted If you know of a Public access spot.?

WreckRunner- I have extra gloves (5mil) -5mil gloves are like 3mil but only thicker. Just so you know ;) (being from FLA I'm sure you're unfamiliar with the term "5 mil" )

Last edited:
The one onces I have are closed cell neoprene 3mm. Also Scott, he might be scared to be using fleece lined hunting gloves again!

got it....5ml.....but who cares how many milliliters of water it will hold? Wait, I don't understand the difference........

Once again my plans foil another outing. I will definately be up in Tomahawk bird hunting with my brother. I will surely miss the diving and comradere, but also Great Dane afterwards. Have fun!

its looking like its going to be storming saturday just thought id tell ya i wont be there again i will be in madison at the reptile expo so i may run by after to see how you are doing but have fun and be safe

yeah kalin you can use it anytime you need it as long as i aint in it lol i dont think i will be doing to much more spearfishing :rcard but thats ok you can use it anytime

Jon, what do you think for an entry point? Meet at 9:00 or 10:00??

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT