• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Nov 8th

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
I was going to go in where I normally do- unless we can get Ted to come along and possibly use the CFL to change.

We can meet at my house at 9 if you want. I have all day this time. :friday

Jon

Well we have division 1A Level 3 playoffs this day. Too bad a friend in madison last week said the lake was crazy clear. Wish us (Baum, Fleshy, Fargus64, Waldo, and Winks) good luck against appleton north.

man i knew he had road rage but come on he wasnt even driving LMAO looks like you guys had a great time maybe ill be able to start going again one of these days

Picture 1 is Team Wisconsin Speargun Hunter :)
Picture 2 we discovered the power of camer perspective. My right foot looks HUGE when you put it close to the camera!
Picture 3 Jon prepares for battle
Picture 4 Whopperhead prepares his armour, where is his squire!
Picture 5 The dynamic duo prepare for the young one to take a 5 minute dip! (I know...15 minutes!)

Attachments

• 08Nov08_01.jpg
    08Nov08_01.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 202
  • 08Nov08_02.jpg
    08Nov08_02.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 165
  • 08Nov08_03.jpg
    08Nov08_03.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 171
  • 08Nov08_04.jpg
    08Nov08_04.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 174
  • 08Nov08_05.jpg
    08Nov08_05.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 166
chris now come on we all know you have giant feet lol hope i can get back out again

Picture 1 Wreckrunner with his classic twin hull design super float! It changes everytime we see it. Next time it may have 4 bumpers!
Picture 2 Special Ops insertion, perimeter secure
Picture 3 One last look before commiting to the mission
Picture 4 Wreckrunner and I vying for state records. You can make the fish look twice as big as it is if you hold them right!

Attachments

• 08Nov08_9.jpg
    08Nov08_9.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 172
  • 08Nov08_08.jpg
    08Nov08_08.jpg
    186.5 KB · Views: 182
  • 08Nov08_07.jpg
    08Nov08_07.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 168
  • 08Nov08_06.jpg
    08Nov08_06.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 184
man i knew he had road rage but come on he wasnt even driving LMAO looks like you guys had a great time maybe ill be able to start going again one of these days

A) I don't have road rage issue, I just like to talk to other drivers. I rarely yell at them.....anymore

B) that is not rage, it's terror! My daughter is driving!!!

First the day started off scary and got worse. My daughter is driving and need to get so many hours in order to get her driers license. So she is driving me 3.5 hours north to WI. That is scary enough. About an hour north a 12 point buck trots across the road. She did good she got slowed down and did not hit the deer. But she did not keep looking and the 8 point that was following almost put it's rack in her door. Everything turned out fine. My 90cm gun has a reel, I may have been able to take the 8pt, he stood in the road for a bit after his near death experience. (Then he went back the way he came from!)

We met at Jon's house. From there we ran the convoy to the Outlet to check it out. Vis looked a little low and there was no flow on the pipe either. So we headed across town. We went to Jon's super secret entry point #32b on the Wisconsin Campus.

We got suited up with the cold wind blowing. The water looked cold. It was 50 degrees, so it was a little cold. We straggled into the water with a shotgun start. Everyone went their own ways. We were in 8ft - 12ft water. Kalinux got his daughter and her new Diveskin wetsuit into the water. Her hands got cold and she stayed in the water 15min. The report was flooding gloves were the culprit.

As for fish, it was pretty much as expected. Once into the taller weeds we started seeing carp and drum. Also some bass, walleye and pike. Whopperhead and Jon found some pans at the end of the day, but let them be. Kalinux came up empty, but WreckRunner and I gave him our 2 carp and the one drum I shot.

Then it was the cold changing of the clothes, trying to get dry as quickly as possible! Then off to a nice warm lunch and some good conversation. I was not ready to leave! I was tired and ready for a nap, but not ready for my daughter to drive me home!

Good day of diving, I had a great time as usual.

Last edited:
The water was 50F, and a bit stirred up from the wind, with the air temps in the mid 30's, but the company was great and we had a pretty good time.

I saw a lot of fish- just not too many that were legal to shoot. I ended up finding 4 anchors and two fishing arrows, but my float would only carry so much- so I kept the best anchors and left the rest for next time. I also found a lot of other neat junk along the bike path- like a bike! Usually I fish out in deeper water, but since the wind was blowing I decided to try something different.

The Outlet was off, but I wonder if the vis might have been better over there off of the beach- as it seemed to be more sheltered from the wind?

Next time we might head up to Devil's Lake. There's no spearing allowed, but it would be good for a scooter run and searching for lost dive gear along the rocks- plus, its beautiful up there and I haven't made it up all summer because of the flooding.

Jon

Attachments

• float.jpg
    float.jpg
    370.5 KB · Views: 175
  • walleye.jpg
    walleye.jpg
    222.6 KB · Views: 162
  • nice tip.jpg
    nice tip.jpg
    296.8 KB · Views: 186
  • pee suit.jpg
    pee suit.jpg
    330.9 KB · Views: 164
Today was awesome! It took me a good 2 hours to legitimately warm up after but still... a little frost bite never hurt anyone :)

And next time, I'll suck it up and attempt to stay in the water for... a whole TWENTY MINUTES! =O
Just kidding.

Chris- it was great meeting Christina!

Thanks to everyone!!!

(Oh this is Kalina btw)

Reactions: ILDiver
Glad you got in the water.hopefully next time is better. I knew if Christina would have tried, she would have froze too :)

Guys , now I know why you do not eat carps.......You are simply spoiled to have so many carps around you.........the carp tasted great ....no mud smell or anything...Friend of mine who lives a few blocks north of me and his wife liked it too...but they are Bulgarians too..So......we all like it...Kalina ate a lot of fried fish eggs..When you stop vomiting ask me how I make them..rofl:)

Last edited:
Ill admit, Im interested? Maybe its just because your guys other european fish taste the same? Do they?

I've eaten them smoked before and they were pretty good.

A few years and my grandfather asked me to get him a couple so my grandma could fry them up for him. He thought they tasted great, but then he grew up in the Great Depression and ate god knows what to survive.rofl

If you enjoyed them I know where we can get you more. ;)

I also have extra freediving gloves, and mitts, for Kalina to use next time we dive.

Jon

I read these both and latched on to the following statement:

"Or like the potato in Ireland."

I am convinced that the meaning of this statement is that we should construct a large cannon out of PVC to launch Carp.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT