• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Objects found while freediving

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
image.jpg

Well Trelawney I found a 'Brown Bess' but mine was a shire horse !Well one of her shoes .when clearing a carp pit of snags for a fishing club ,the story goes when the pit was working making bricks a small rail track lead into the pit one day the horse fell on the slippy clay broke its leg was shot falling in ,to be left ...till I found the remains 100 year later.

Reactions: Mr. X and Trelawney
Could also have been from a Sea Service "Brown Bess" as well. Cleaned up nice but you didn't want to leave as found? Also nice deadeye. I teach youth how to shoot blackpowder weapons twice a year. Have mostly percussion and cp-n-ball but also some flinter rifles, pistols and a .91 cal blunderbuss "The Beast" I let them shoot. Next event is in mid-October.

Reactions: Trelawney
Nudge. Anybody loose a spearo's weight vest & other items in Cornwall?

...Cornwall ....found several items of spearfishing gear on the seabed. The equipment included a spearo's back-weight/gilet .... if it belongs to you and you'd like it back, please PM me before the end of September 2014...

Last edited:
:D No, crabs ate 'em!

(No, it was definitely not being worn at the time.)

Last post on this. Image of items found added to my original post & to the above post.

Think about it...

Other than those items being all tied together with the belt (I didn't see your mentioning that but I may have. missed it) and it falling off a boat then I don't see what you mean :). I originally assumed you found one item and then another a bit farther but upon re-reading I see you mention you think they have been there a long time, so I guess they were all tied together :) .

Reactions: Mr. X
:D ...of the chattels or of the spearo?! Well, you have to do something if there are no fish around I suppose! ;)

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT