• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Objects found while freediving

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Thanks for the info John.

That cleared that 2 year long discussion up.

Do you come to gibraltar often?

Does the navy subsidise all those golf balls or is Uncle Sam gonna come knocking on my door asking for them back ;)

Here's a new one, for me at least.;)

I was out freediving, with my scooter, last night on this old sunken frieghter out in Lake Michigan. I was off of the wreck looking for lost dive gear and came across this giant Barbie doll with a 4# weight zip-tied to her feet. Someone had scrolled on her arm "Sean is gay" and "I love Brad".

I might have swum upon someone's joke, but I could always use another weight for something.;)

Jon

Last edited:
Yeah those blonde haired, blued eyed babes do love me. Don't know who Sean is though.

Brad

Last edited:
Reactions: defofthecrown
I bet that was a fright when you first saw it rofl
OK not freediving but scuba, I found a gold signet ring in the Menai straights in 1978, the bummer was that it was still on someones finger! It turned out that a fisherman had lost it in some rigging as we were underwater!.
So did I take the ring? UUUUGH NO! I screamed and shot off like a swordfish!

Hey finders keepers Alison. Nah, I probably would have been to disgusted to take it either.

Brad

Originally posted by w3ac
Hey fingers keepers Alison.
Brad
HUH HUH! Its funny now but scared the crap out of me then! Strange but time is a great healer as they say :D Thank goodness or we'd all be a bunch of neurotic headbangers rofl

I've never found anything in our Wisconsin lakes :(. Today was my first big test as a freediver though, i was so excited! At my grandma's lake their is a sand bar, and one side drops off from 4 ft. too 20 ft. The other side is my favorite to dive, it's 20-40 ft. deep, then drops off to 75 ft. A couple was anchored in the area i was diving, and while their baby was playing on the boat, he threw their keys overboard!!! They were stranded out in the water until they noticed me going up and down. They asked me how deep i could go, i shrugged and said about 30-40. They had obviously never heard of freediving, they were taking back. They thought i was joking and comically asked me if i could find their keys. I said sure, pulled my makeshift float next to their boat, and on my first dive i found the keys in about 33-34 ft. of water. They thanked me, but i didnt get any reward because all they had was beer, and it's "illegal" for 15 yr. olds to drink..... who made that dumb rule? I got a thank you, which is enough for me, and they got to go home.

This doesn't really count as "finding", but i'm a big golfer. When i'm board, i take my sand wedge and pink golf balls. I chip them into the water and come back in at night once i find all of them. I'm easily amused :)

Reactions: flyboy748
Reviving a great thread.
So far, after three trips I have found:

An elastic dogleash.
Lots of lures, weights, line, etc.
A pair of crappy sunglasses.
A pair of Oakley sunglasses (old, but wearable).
A pair of Dolce Gabbana sunglasses (waiting to be pawned).
A Snorkel (Now in use...what?!? I bleached it!).
A cheap but functional digital watch (now in use).
Several CO2 cartridges (empty of course)
Cans, Bottles, Boxes, Paper, and other bric-a-brac.

And I'm going out again tonight to see what else is out there for me.

Hmmm...no golfballs yet, maybe I am not looking hard enough. =-)

~Picksmith

P.S. Wouldn't it just make more sense to make golf balls float?

Hey,

ON Sunday morning i found an awesome DAIWA fishing reel. It must have fallen in the previous evening as it was brand spanking new :p

Bit of fresh water, some oil and its ready for ACTION!!!!!

shaneshac said:
It appears that everyone finds golf balls. I have about eight at home from various dive spots. Some quite far offshore. Weirdest thing is there isn't even a golf course in Gibraltar HEHEHE

Those damned cruise ships with their golf driving ranges off the decks!

well well
so for diving goods
snorkels
masks
fins
wights
pneomatic gun
2 knives ( 1 i lost to the sea again )
air tank 15 Litres

goods

gold ring ( not to big )
50$ us in good condition
diving watch ( to my father )
Phoenician vase
crusader anchor aprox 800 years old

Sara, The vase might be 8 THOUSAND years old if the number is what excites you. :)

well the anchor was left alone due to a archeologic law and it was pretty heavy aprox 200 Kilo !! location is 3000 meters down from Atlit ruins at 15
meters deep
the vase was found with scoba gear near Apolonia
i used to look for things like that but no more .

Last edited:
Eyal, Eerz told me he found a vase once while freediving in sidney ally. he dragged it to shore by diving, lifting, dragging, dropping, surfacing, breathing, repeat. Took him some hours. He called the archeology dept. and to report and they told him he can keep it and that they had enough of those. :)

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT