• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Okinawa Team WC 2010

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

mortenkv

Jan 14, 2008
Hi!
Does anybody know the dates of this competition?
As I recall it they were published... but now I cannot find them anywhere..
Thanks,
Morten

Found this in my email box

AIDA Assembly said:
Dear Assembly,

I already start to receive questions about AIDA Team WC 2010.

And to give you the information we have today about this event.

We have only one organizer that have sign up as host for this event,
but this organizer is working very hard for this to happen, and
everything looks good and going in the right direction this far!

Organizer: Ryuzo Shinomiya (head organizer) Place: Okinawa, Japan
Date: Mid July 2010

Preliminary schedule July 2010:
15th Official training CWT
16th Official training CWT (in the evening, Opning Ceremony)
17th CWT competition
18th CWT competition
19th CWT reserv day
20th rest and pool training
21st STATIC competition
22nd rest and pool training
23rd DYNAMIC competition and Closing/Prize - Party/Ceremony.
24th Traveling home

Hope this info is interesting to have already, but remember its all
preliminary this far.

regards
Bill Stromberg
AIDA President

I ready for 2010 :blackeye

Hi all,

Do we have any further information on the Okinawa WC? We need to start planning very soon as that time of year is extremely expensive to travel to Okinawa so the sooner we get confirmation from the organisers the better.

I also heard on the grapevine that the dates may have changed to June?

Can someone from AIDA Japan confirm anything?

Cheers,
Ben

Hope that they haven´t changed it for June. It will then over lap the 3rd Mediteranean Freediving World Cup - competition starting the 6th near Athens / Greece.

But yes, it would be really nice to have some info on the Okinawa comp.

Br,
Jone

It's now in the AIDA competition calender, the dates seems to be different than in the earlier information:

AIDA Team World Championship
2010-06-30 - 2010-07-10 Place: Okinawa Japan
Disciplines: CWT-STA-DYN
Team / Indiv: TEAM
Type: World Championship
With Finals: No
Organizer: Japan Apnea Society

AIDA Team World Championships, 2010 Okinawa JAPAN

Date: June 30 to 10th of July 2010.
30 Opening Party and registration
01 Official Training CWT and registration
02 Official Training CWT
03 CWT day one
04 CWT day two
05 CWT reserve day
06 Official training in pool
07 STA day one
08 STA day two
09 Official training in pool
10 DYN -Award Ceremony and Closing party

Hotel
Tokyo Dai ichi Hotel Okinawa Grand Mer Resort
“Œ‹ž‘æˆêƒzƒeƒ‹@ƒIƒLƒiƒƒOƒ‰ƒ“ƒ[ƒ‹ƒŠƒ][ƒg@ƒIƒtƒBƒVƒƒƒ‹ƒTƒCƒg

CWT
Water is 27 degrees and we have 30m vis.
(at Maeda Cape)

Pool
50m pool out side (1.4m depth and heated)

Competition website will be out in January 2010.

Hi,

Okinawa competition opening ceremony was today and as usually I will upload some pics from the competition happenings as soon I find a little time for it. Pics can be found at this address: Freediving pictures.

Here is some pics from the openings (today) if somebody may be interested: Freediving pictures

br,

- kimmo

Reactions: TimoP
The announcements for CWT are done. Some details (in Czech) here:

MS tým? - Okinawa - trénink kon?í za?íná závod | Jarmila Sloven?íková

I guess the official website will show the announcement soon too, but if you are curious there are some of them here:

Girls:
1) Czech Rep.: 53m + 56m + 84m.
2) Russia: 58m + 58m + 68m
3) Russia: 51m + 53m + 82m

As for men, I know only those over 100m:
William Trubridge (NZ) - 105m
Gulliam Nery (FRA) - 102m
Ryuzo Shinomiya (JPN) - 102m

Some more details for the Norwegians here:
http://elisabethfreediver.blogspot.com/2010/07/constant-weight-announcements.html

Bjarte Nygard: 75m
Steinar Schjager: 70m
Elisabeth Kristoffersen: 60m

Last edited:
Jesper Stechmann 90m White
Keriann Hibbs 88m White

What else - anyone knows?
Morten

No red, but some yellow cards: -18 Junko (F/JAP), -17 Maria-Teresa (F/UK), -5 Morgan (M/FRA), -11 Jönerik (M/FIN), -5 Hanako (F/JAP)

A French NR at Aurore Asso for 72m

The weather forecast does not look well for tomorrow, so the tomorrow's dives are cancelled and moved to the next day

Cool, thanks - is it me or have 4 french males announced? (why?)

So far it seems Japan, NZ, France and Denmark are very very close (if everyone gets white cards from now on...) I hope the best for all athletes the coming days... :)

Morten

Christian Maldamé starts just as an opener. It means his performance does not count. I do not quite understand why they chose him, because he is much stronger in depth than Fred Sessa (Christian announced 92m vs Sessa 65m), stronger in statics (7+ vs 6+ minutes), and not bad in dynamics either (200m). Perhaps Fred Sessa plans doing a dynamics close to 300m to eliminate the difference between him and Christian in CWT and STA. Or perhaps Christian is not in good form. Who knows, but I am sure they did the decision after a good reflexion. We may know later some details, and will see whether it pays out :)

Great the results have been posted quickly...but hasnt there been a mistake with the points calculation. the points awarded are simply one point for each metre of depth, in the case of the dives that are short or have no tag presented at the end of the dive the rules state:

In depth disciplines (CWT/CNF/FIM), when the measuring device indicates a shallower depth than is announced a penalty of 1 POINT per meter of deviation between AP and RP is applied, unless the tag has been brought up and delivered to a member of the jury.

Example: AP = 50m and RP (read on the device) = 46.5m
Actual performance = 46.5 - >RP = 46m
Penalty:
• Difference between AP and RP = 4m (50-46m) which results in 4 penalty points
• Absence of the tag = 1 penalty point
Final performance = 46 - 5 = 41 points

Not sure what the penalty is for a grab, I always thought it was 1 or 5 points, but cant see it in the rules.

Hey everyone,

we're trying to keep up with the news on our website as well as on our facebook page.

It's a nice one here so far and the wind has actually picked up as promised yesterday, so the delay was a good thing. Diving out there wouldn't have been much fun today. :)
http://facebook.com/wefreedive

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT