• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Omer UP-X1 Umberto Pelizzari Freediving Computer

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
hi all

got into this thread when I tried the same computer of a friend of mine.
I have the same issue and its completely random. My conclusion is that it doesnt notice my heartbeat. Because it shows (and inputs in into history) the last measured HR. And, when diving/wearing the sensor, you will see the heart on the watch blink for every heartbeat.

I noticed that it must not be measuring the heartbeats because when I pressed it onto my chest, occationally it would register a heart beat or two.

I tried to wear it in different positions, heights on the chest and adjusting it sideways.

have any of you had any success on the matter?

i was thinking about that as well, but I think its on a different frequency than other regular straps so I dont think so.

im gonna try it more this weekend with the ability to adjust the strap further...

i was successful in getting better and more realiable position of the sensor.

what i did was put the hr sensor belt a little sideways. so the mid and bulky part of the strap is over my left nipple. that way the one sensor on the back of the strap is placed more in my armpit and it helped a lot.

Reactions: Kars
Great posts here guys I'm looking for a good freedive/spearfishing computer!
This, might be it but I don't know if the heart rate monitor will be of much use to me (bulky and uncomfortable after a full five day). Also the battery, I would like to know more about this As I know I'd have warn the first one out from the amount I dive.
I like the surface time alarm that's cool.

So maybe this... Or the sunto s10...

I got one here now, and my first impressions are very good, 86 grams / D3: 56 gr , looks about the same size, looks neat and no too eye catching for wearing daily. Strap works also good on land. Tomorrow will be my first diving with it. Let's see how it holds up there.
I got it from Subprof.com

Diving went ok, the watch is water proof to at least 18,8m ;)
The strap performed, but the HR recordings showed some weird abnormalities, like showing a flat line - as a non changing HR - after a certain depth. I believe it's because my chest gets compressed and the strap shifts and cannot read my HR from then on. On the first dives, where the strap was in place, it recorded everything. It's interesting to see the big HR differences in the relation to how the dives felt.
I think I'll make a shoulder strap to keep the chest strap from gliding down.

The alarm was easily to hear from my wrist through my 5mm hood, about as loud or a bit louder then I remember the D3 was. - I cannot directly compare any more because my D3 is such a poor state and the battery is dead.

Last edited:
Reactions: kingkongkory
Hey Guys just an idea and you might have already done it but wet the electrodes on the strap (a bit of spits works nicely) that should help with picking up the HR. Does the watch give you temp?

Off cause I wet the strap before putting it on :)
Yes the Omer UP1 reads and records the temperature.

Any suggestions for testing the UP1 next Monday?

Having the same kind of problem with my Sporasub SP2 (pretty much exactly the same watch)...

Looking at my graphs, it seems to be related to depth. It also could have something to do with the strap placement or friction between suit and strap at depth, because some days there are no sudden drops/raises, some days there are sudden drops/raises for alot of dives.

At this moment my heart monitoring cheststrap also shifts on my chest doing deep dives. I want to make a shoulder strap so it's held in place. I wonder if the readout will be good when the chest collapses, because the heart may shift a bit and or the angle of the chest towards the heart.

The watch is good but im very disappointing with it.Of course carbon fell off but i didnt car about it and only after a 5 monts of usin it surface timer stop working.It took omer 4 monts to repar it and i just got it back and battery is dead, they didnt replace it.
Very disappointing. Dont waist you money on this watch

Reactions: Kars
Thanks Mikycar,

Mine is still in 1 piece, and works. The HR monitor is not working all the time. Maybe the chest strap shifts, maybe it makes bad recordings because the chest deforms under pressure. Maybe the monitor's HR filtering should be improved, as sometimes I got strange HR jumps in the graph; jumps I have not felt doing dynamics. Though the tool is flawed it is still interesting to record HR from time to time. To see and compare dynamic HR with oneself; and others. It's part of exploring freediving, and how the body and mind works.
The design isn't the strongest, so I think it's not suited for struggles with fish in caves. However it does look good wearing a suit. I also like it's light weight. The sharp edges, and the buttons have a tendency to grab, but it's a minor thing for me.

The watch is good but im very disappointing with it.Of course carbon fell off but i didnt car about it and only after a 5 monts of usin it surface timer stop working.It took omer 4 monts to repar it and i just got it back and battery is dead, they didnt replace it.
Very disappointing. Dont waist you money on this watch

I had similar problem with the surface timer, at least I think so. When I resurfaced, the watch just froze at 00:01 and stayed like that for couple of minutes. It was quite annoying, I also thought about having it repaired or returned, but this issue was solved via firmware update (via the Dive Master) and since the I noticed no such issues.

I am looking at buying a computer, and have considered the UP-X1. Thank you everyone who has contributed with their experiences in this thread!

I am also considering the iDive Free, it does not have a heart rate monitor but has other advantages. Started a thread but no reply yet.
Both of the are quite expensive, so before buying one I will hade to read up carefully about the.

Thanks Mikycar,

Mine is still in 1 piece, and works. The HR monitor is not working all the time. Maybe the chest strap shifts, maybe it makes bad recordings because the chest deforms under pressure. Maybe the monitor's HR filtering should be improved, as sometimes I got strange HR jumps in the graph; jumps I have not felt doing dynamics. Though the tool is flawed it is still interesting to record HR from time to time. To see and compare dynamic HR with oneself; and others. It's part of exploring freediving, and how the body and mind works.
The design isn't the strongest, so I think it's not suited for struggles with fish in caves. However it does look good wearing a suit. I also like it's light weight. The sharp edges, and the buttons have a tendency to grab, but it's a minor thing for me.
Hi, do you have visual problems with the carbon fibre ring? Does it really peel off? I'm thinking of getting the new rechargeable version of this watch. Does yours still work properly?

Hi, do you have visual problems with the carbon fibre ring? Does it really peel off? I'm thinking of getting the new rechargeable version of this watch. Does yours still work properly?​

No problems with carbon ring for me yet. Though I'm a bit careful in my daily use, I've not used it in salt water, only in sweet and chlorinated water. Mine works fine. Only the HR monitoring at depth is sketchy because the strap under the suit has a hard time recording the heart rate because of the deformed chest and or shifting of the strap. This I believe leads to gaps in the data transmitted to the watch, which leads to wonky and less/not informative graphs/data. Maybe I can modify the strap with a shoulder strap, so the chest strap stays in place better. But this I need to test.

I think if you're rough with your equipment, wrestle with fish in holes etc, then a metal watch is the way to go.

Reactions: riskmas7er
Hi, do you have visual problems with the carbon fibre ring? Does it really peel off? I'm thinking of getting the new rechargeable version of this watch. Does yours still work properly?

By visual problems, do you mean something like this?
DSC_0005.JPG

The screw in the bootom fell out and before I could replace it or glue it, it got caught on the sleeve of my jacket and half of the thing broke off. As you can see, that "carbon fiber" is just a sticker, the ring is plastic.

Attachments

• DSC_0005.JPG
    DSC_0005.JPG
    69.1 KB · Views: 520
Reactions: riskmas7er and Kars
By visual problems, do you mean something like this?
DSC_0005.JPG

The screw in the bootom fell out and before I could replace it or glue it, it got caught on the sleeve of my jacket and half of the thing broke off. As you can see, that "carbon fiber" is just a sticker, the ring is plastic.
WOW! This is so f****d up man! I mean in the official description of the product they say it´s carbon fibre. So it turns out they are lying to their customers. At least they could have used better glue for the sticker :D

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT